sharetrader
Page 155 of 341 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 3409

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    If you read the company accounts you will see that NTA was $3.00 at half-year.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    I just used the latest figures on the ANZ securities website says NTA of $4.98 and PE of 24, last week they were showing $3.09 NTA and a PE of 4, so as you say always best to go to the company accounts. Anyway it's still trading below NTA currently.

Why so far below the published NTA, I wonder? Has anyone calculated the NTA from company accounts?

Wonder if there'll be a stripping acquisition?

If you read the company accounts you will see that NTA was $3.00 at half-year.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Yeah so if half yr NTA is $3 then full yr NTA is $6, wo way undervalued haha

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Which is another way of saying the current SP holds deep value, either term will do for us holders aye.

Where does the NTA of $4.986 come from then?
    This is what's displayed in ASB Securities and NZX.com.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    Where does the NTA of $4.986 come from then?
    This is what's displayed in ASB Securities and NZX.com.
    Just a guess-the difference could be book value vs market value of assets?

The chart is starting to look really enticing,but will wait a bit.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Lightbulb Shining a light in to the infinite black depths of simple arithmetic made complicated

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    Now I thought that you were a smart enough cookie to spot that practically very company in the world makes nearly all of their NTA in the first reporting period of the year - although how that happens is one of the great mysteries of the accounting world (you have to be a member of some secret society to be told the truth).

What apparently is also a secret, at least to most of the posters on this thread, is another accounting weirdo (I am still convinced that accounting is actually really easy but they deliberately make it difficult for some reason known only to themselves) whereby poor old IFT have to say in the accounts:
    'This is our total net assets ($2,982M), except for all the of bits that are not our net assets ($1,117M)"
    [see page 2 of the link I provided in my last post]

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Now I thought that you were a smart enough cookie to spot that practically very company in the world makes nearly all of their NTA in the first reporting period of the year - although how that happens is one of the great mysteries of the accounting world (you have to be a member of some secret society to be told the truth).

What apparently is also a secret, at least to most of the posters on this thread, is another accounting weirdo (I am still convinced that accounting is actually really easy but they deliberately make it difficult for some reason known only to themselves) whereby poor old IFT have to say in the accounts:
    'This is our total net assets ($2,982M), except for all the of bits that are not our net assets ($1,117M)"
    [see page 2 of the link I provided in my last post]

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    I suspect you know the answer and are fully taking the p$%%, but to put it a different way 'Here are the total assets we have control over ($2,982M), but some other punks have a non-controlling share in those assets ($1,117M)'

The IFT Perpetual Bonds which were paying 4.26 % up until 15 November 2016, and then reduced to 3.63% are still listed under Direct Broking and I assume all other websites as still having a return of 4.26%. This is very misleading to those investors who havent read the company news, or are not aware of the yearly reset in interest rate.
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 18-11-2016 at 10:18 AM.