sharetrader
Page 156 of 341 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 3409

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Banned

Someone with a good number of shares has still got their finger firmly on the sell button, goes Ex divvy on Friday and struggling to get above $2.80, anyway happy to add some more to get my average price down to $2.84.

Vision over Visibility

Default Good invest opportunity at these levels

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Someone with a good number of shares has still got their finger firmly on the sell button, goes Ex divvy on Friday and struggling to get above $2.80, anyway happy to add some more to get my average price down to $2.84.
    Same. Bought more past 2 days. Firmly believe in IFT's overall social and infrastructure value propositions, along with their clarity of strategy and execution. I note Forsyth Barr finally upgraded IFT to outperform.Very interested to see the next 6 monthly update once recent investment performance starts to flow through

Advanced Member

IFT at 2 year low. Just for a laugh bought 20,000 two days ago for 2.79 to get a div. Thought it might be a good idea while waiting for the dust to settle on the other stocks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    IFT at 2 year low. Just for a laugh bought 20,000 two days ago for 2.79 to get a div. Thought it might be a good idea while waiting for the dust to settle on the other stocks.
    Nice timing, notice it's up 7c after going Ex today, first day for a while that no big seller/s have been around, oversold anyone.
    Last edited by couta1; 25-11-2016 at 05:39 PM.

May or may not work out. The chart looks pretty sick - and IFT will have the next couple of years significantly less income than in the past years. A forward PE of 35 without growth does not feel stellar.

As well - some of the new deals (like their de-facto lease of student accommodation) won't have the option to appreciate in value ...

Good luck, but I am not sure I would bet on the last dip for IFT being already the bottom.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    May or may not work out. The chart looks pretty sick - and IFT will have the next couple of years significantly less income than in the past years. A forward PE of 35 without growth does not feel stellar.

As well - some of the new deals (like their de-facto lease of student accommodation) won't have the option to appreciate in value ...

Good luck, but I am not sure I would bet on the last dip for IFT being already the bottom.
    It's already worked out for him if he was to sell today for a 4c per share profit after just having collected a fully imputed 5.75c divvy so he's made around $1700 already. PS-That PE value you quoted is wrong.
    Last edited by couta1; 25-11-2016 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    PS-That PE value you quoted is wrong.
    Is it? 4 traders predicts for FY 2017 8 cents EPS: http://www.4-traders.com/INFRATIL-LTD-76613/financials/
    If you divide the current share price (283) by 8 than the result is 35.3 ...

Just in case you wonder ... Reuters predicts the same EPS (8 cents) for 2017, but maybe they copy their data off each other? I think you need to call them and tell them that they are wrong.

What is your 2017 EPS prediction for IFT?
    ----

Membaa

IFT is also bouncing off a long term uptrend support line. Backstop support around $2.60 if needed. We need to keep an eye on you see weed, you're picking them well before the more conservative (safer) entry points and you seem to be getting it right! Well done.

Attachment 8484
    Weekly chart.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Is it? 4 traders predicts for FY 2017 8 cents EPS: http://www.4-traders.com/INFRATIL-LTD-76613/financials/
    If you divide the current share price (283) by 8 than the result is 35.3 ...

Just in case you wonder ... Reuters predicts the same EPS (8 cents) for 2017, but maybe they copy their data off each other? I think you need to call them and tell them that they are wrong.

What is your 2017 EPS prediction for IFT?
    Read you post wrong, thought you were quoting current PE which happens to be around 24. I'm more interested in the Median target price of $3.38(This is the downgraded median) and that 3 analysts rate the stock as buy and 2 as hold. Plenty of meat to gain here for those buying at current prices IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    IFT is also bouncing off a long term uptrend support line. Backstop support around $2.60 if needed. We need to keep an eye on you see weed, you're picking them well before the more conservative (safer) entry points and you seem to be getting it right! Well done.

Attachment 8484
    Weekly chart.
    Actually - if you expect any bouncing, than it might be worthwhile to do some sort of analysis on IFT's underlying value. From memory - Trustpower (now demerged into TPW and TLT) constitutes roughly 50% of IFT's value and both demerger components are currently on a consistent downslide - they lost together already 12% in value since the demerger (4 weeks ago).

I guess the question is - did the market overreact with dumping TPW? If the answer to this question is yes, than maybe IFT might come up again. However - not sure I would want to bet on that.
    ----