sharetrader
Page 22 of 341 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Infratil advises that the Commerce Commission has filed proceedings in the High Court in Wellington seeking to injunct New Zealand Bus Limited's acquisition of the majority shareholding in Mana Coach Services.

http://www.nzx.com/market/market_ann...pany?id=129487

I sold my warrants yesterday, a quick profit was too hard to resist ( In @.90 out @1.02 ) approx 13% in less than a week, sure I also think warrants are woefully undervalued, and I probably sold out too early, but will wait & see what happens !
    But do love that volatility.

quote:Originally posted by kura

I sold my warrants yesterday, a quick profit was too hard to resist ( In @.90 out @1.02 ) approx 13% in less than a week, sure I also think warrants are woefully undervalued, and I probably sold out too early, but will wait & see what happens !
    But do love that volatility.
    sold out too early - they're 105, not that you'll be unhappy.
    The gap between the warrents and heads is now only 20c.

The bulletin about Stagecoach was very encouraging and well worth a read. I think that is going to turn out to be a wonderful investment for them.

ENE,TPW,POT & Stagecoach are humming along nicely.
    The airport investments are slightly mixed at present. Early days for Kent and Lubeck.
    WIA/GPIA a bit softer stats at present, however should continue to trend up over long term horizon.

Disc - warrant holder

Looks like you are posting in the future Rif-Raf
    The site must still have there time wrong[:I]

By my watch it is 13:12 on the 7th.

The timing of the Stagecoach purchase was perfect. Stagecoach wanted £100m for Stagecoach NZ. The kiwi/GBP fx rate was at 2.51 on the day of the purchase. (the absolute bottom of the current currency cycle)

Since then the Kiwi has depreciated against GBP and USD. To enter the same market and buy all of the rolling stock (buses) at todays prices would cost considerably more.

Toddy

Dear All,
    What do you think's driving the price up? Yes the timing of the Stagecoach transaction was good and the exchange rate will help the overseas investment income (which is relatively little), but there doesn't appear to have been much else new to cause the recent rise. Be grateful for the thoughts of IFT watchers.
    Cheers
    Bbob

Bbob

The IFT SP historically has traded around a 10% discount to NAV. This continues to be the case today.
    The SP did stutter for a while after the Stagecoach purchase as the market could not work out the strategy or the 'bus' business.

Toddy

Guru

IFT has 5 years to use the stagecoach name. How much value is in the name. Just read an article that IFT wants to build up confidence in bus travel to increase customer numbers. IF so should they change names/brands earlier or does that fact that only one bus company works on each route mean that brand name is irrelevant.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

They could change the name today. When you are waiting for a bus you first see it head on so it is mainly a windscreen and a route number/destination.
    om mani peme hum

IFT purchased a company called 'isite' late last year. They basically do the graphics for billboards/buses etc.
    Check out their website, has examples of costs for advertising on the outside of buses.

The branding exercise is not new to IFT. They recently rebranded Wellington and Glasgow Prestwick Airports with some success. I'm looking forward to see what they come up with for the bus business.

Keep an eye on the APX Douglas 1 drill results also, remember IFT have a 11% interest in APX with options to buy more.
    Toddy