sharetrader
Page 228 of 341 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 3405

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    At the current price you're in luck! At this stage who knows what the WIAL costs will add up to be - all I can foresee is that the longer this shutdown on boarders and air travel continues the bigger they'll be.
    I would be expecting IFT to disclose to the market any material changes similar to AIA's announcements - or am I to optimistic?!
    I would expect that it would. The investment in WIAL is sufficiently material to IFT for change to require disclosure IMO.

Oil does not affect the Electricity sector,Tiwai does and Al is way down.

Veteran novice

Well, we got a statement from IFT but really nothing to say at this stage.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I would expect that it would. The investment in WIAL is sufficiently material to IFT for change to require disclosure IMO.
    WIAL is only around 17% of their business if that, after buying Vodafone.They have finished $300 m of capex
    IFT capital management seems pretty good to me.If their bonds where to drop in value I am sure they would be in there buying up

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    I see they're the share buyback is in full effect. Making the most of the opportunity presented - the question I have is if this is the best use of their cash given the current worldwide situation. I'm not a holder, haven't owned before and have kicked myself for not buying when it was previously in the low 3's (approx. 2 years ago I think). Looking for a sound entry point, anyone have a target price in mind? Cheers
    I like the buyback a lot. Wish they would buyback even more stock than they are now. Think its an incredibly pragmatic move to make. The benefits won't be seen until the recovery.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    I like the buyback a lot. Wish they would buyback even more stock than they are now. Think its an incredibly pragmatic move to make. The benefits won't be seen until the recovery.
    The problem with that is companies always seem to start the buy backs too soon, they have probably been buying back stock way above the current price, and their is also the danger that buying back stops it falling as much.
    Would be better to let the price tank and start the buyback once the chart looked more promising.

Guru

"The problem with that is companies always seem to start the buy backs too soon, they have probably been buying back stock way above the current price, and their is also the danger that buying back stops it falling as much.Would be better to let the price tank and start the buyback once the chart looked more promising."
    Are these "musings" correct?
    This would be like trying to control Coronavirus with natural immunity in my view

There is nothing like price drops to install fear in the markets.Confidence needs to come back in to the market and this will be part of their reasoning.
    Its tanking like most stocks I suspect due to lack of liquidity in the total market.
    Passive funds will have needed liquidity due to redemption's in their funds and selling will be indiscriminate and with out logic .
    Have they been buying too soon?.I have been thinking they have been very disciplined
    IFT only started this buyback in Feb
    https://stocknessmonster.com/news/ift.nzx/2020/
    In daily lots of 50,000 to start with when it was above $4
    Larger lots when in high $3
    Last edited by kiora; 22-03-2020 at 09:53 AM.

hope they cancel there buyback , repay debt is more important now
    one step ahead of the herd

Default IFT190 vs CNU0202 - Oops

Holding a number of blue chip bonds ... including CNU020 and IFT190. Noticed in the last couple of weeks the interest rates for bonds going up, presumably reflecting the markets concern that some of these companies might drop somewhat in their credit rating.

Interesting however to compare these rates ... the interest rates demanded for IFT190 (and other IFT bonds) basically went through the roof compared to other good corporate NZ bonds. Just wondering whether the market wants to tell us something?

yellow line: IFT190, blue line: CNU020

Attachment 11168

Is this just Wellington Airports - or do we need to take a bit better look at the other IFT investments as well?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 29-03-2020 at 10:39 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Are you seeing/interpreting the the same rates I am seeing BP?
    I am seeing IFT 120 interest rate here at 6 % with not a lot of volume.Does this mean a holder is trying trying to raise cash? or liquidating assets?

https://stocknessmonster.com/charts/ift190.nzx/
    https://stocknessmonster.com/charts/cnu020.nzx/

I would have thought IFT would be purchasing these as well as doing the buy back?
    Last edited by kiora; 29-03-2020 at 11:00 AM.