sharetrader
Page 248 of 341 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 3405

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Yes, bit of a dilemma this one. On the one hand a 20-30% quick gain which is alway nice but then the problem (particularly in the current climate) is what would you invest the proceeds in? There is no other company remotely like it on the NZX with it's combination of healthy growth and Gentailer like dividends. The offer would have to be seriously raised to get my support. Represents a significant %age of my portfolio.
    Last edited by Swala; 08-12-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Agree with what people are saying. No other company that you can throw a profit into.

IMO this may take the form of a hostile takeover if Aussie Super has the legs for it. I gather they would have reached out to the large holders like ACC already to get feedback but I get the feeling this will be the starting point of negotiations with them coming back with a higher offer.

Be a shame to loose this one as it's been good to me over the years.

ACC keen for IFT to engage with AustralianSuper:

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/i...ustraliansuper

the offer undervalues ift and i expect them to say this. the sum of the parts if separate entities is far higher than the value of the whole as currently valued by the market
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    If all cars, motorcycles and other light vehicles convert to electric that will require an additional 600 MW. I.e. it will exactly replace Tiwai. The issue is the amount that needs to be generated, it is the upgrade in the infrastructure to get that energy to where it is needed for charging.
    Yes infrastructure is big issue in Australia & NZ from wind & solar power
    Some serious long term planning is required
    Long term does NZ really want/need to transfer power from Manapouri to Auckland with 50 % E loss if SI vehicles converted to E vehicles?

Long term might be better to generate more power closer to Auckland. Windpower,hydro, Geothermal ?

More public /private investment opportunities?

Outside thinking.

Crikey, be sad to lose this one to the ASX. Suggest we all go out and buy some IFT today.

Advanced Member

What do people feel will be the opening price for IFT today?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    the offer undervalues ift and i expect them to say this. the sum of the parts if separate entities is far higher than the value of the whole as currently valued by the market
    I certainly would have been surprised if the offer over valued the company. Disappointed if this happens, especially at the modest premium. Recently bought in, June, and really had no intention of selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    What do people feel will be the opening price for IFT today?
    Aussie closed up 21% for the day yesterday. Guess we can expect similar or better here today.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Felonius View Post
    Absolutely agree with you Brain.
    I would be very sad to see this wonderful company delisted.
    It is hardly surprising that yet another NZ company may delist and go to foreign investors. Government after government have kicked tax and investment reform down the street while Kiwis prioritise pouring more and more money into inflating the price of land. Will we end up in a land owned by wealthy land-owning gentry with the landless majority working for foreign companies controlled by absentee foreign CEOs?

Disc: IFT shareholder since the 90's when it floated.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 09-12-2020 at 08:16 AM.