sharetrader
Page 251 of 341 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3405

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    This offer seems like it would actually have been more than a fanciful "testing the waters" approach back in October.

Continuous disclosure rules in Australia

ASX Listing Rule 3.1 imposes an obligation on a listed entity to “immediately” notify the ASX when it becomes aware of any information concerning it which a reasonable person would expect to have material effect on the price or value of the entity’s securities.

rules here are weak for investors in nz. you could have brought in aus before the halt went on for the news look at the volume traded
    one step ahead of the herd

OIO approval needed & I cant see significant strategic assets like WIAL being allowed to be sold offshore, even if it is just to our cousins across the ditch....

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Someone wanting $6000 for a share. $3.5 trillion market cap, lol.
    Hope they get it ......calculator gave an error message trying to work out my holding

BOOM

Guru

Up $1.22 to $7.30......

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    This offer seems like it would actually have been more than a fanciful "testing the waters" approach back in October.

Continuous disclosure rules in Australia

ASX Listing Rule 3.1 imposes an obligation on a listed entity to “immediately” notify the ASX when it becomes aware of any information concerning it which a reasonable person would expect to have material effect on the price or value of the entity’s securities.

Mmm .. thank you for this Bjauck.
    Our rules seem to be deficient.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    OIO approval needed & I cant see significant strategic assets like WIAL being allowed to be sold offshore, even if it is just to our cousins across the ditch....
    Does Australia have exemptions to the rules?

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Absolutely agree with the sentiment here
    ACC & Fisher funds nearly hold 10 % as far as I can ascertain
    Hopefully any takeover will be dead in the water but don't expect this to be the only shot at IFT

Elongated pipeline of return for many years to come that is irreplaceable in my view.
    Its not just about the assets its also the IP
    They have been very good at looking after all stakeholders along the way
    Starting buying these when they first listed in 1994? and have added to all along the way
    Its mind boggling how a small amount back then has compounded to where it is now and long may it continue.
    Congrats, sold mine along time ago and have dithered about getting back in. One small influence was the brokers.They didnt seem to like Morrison and co ,the managers of Infratil and pointed out the large management fees Morrison extracted amongst other things.
    It would be sad and unwise to see some of assets especially renewable ones go offshore. I guess Morrison and co would have a clean sheet to start investing and managing a new company all over again.

Guru

Yes regarding the brokers always being down on IFT
    Maybe because they couldn't keep up twith IFT 'competive 17 per cent returns
    Regarding volumes traded prior the volume was lower than average the previous week
    As I noted though the trading pattern through the day was different

Veteran novice

I guess Morrison and co would have a clean sheet to start investing and managing a new company all over again.
    Easier said than done, of course. Which is why the Aust fund wants to grab IFT and its established investments.

Advanced Member

Forget personal greed for a moment, this will be a massive loss to the exchange