sharetrader
Page 272 of 341 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 3405

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Guru

The combined longroad, GGE & Gurin platform will have a 12,000 MW pipeline by 2022, by way of comparison Brookfield’s renewable pipeline is some 23,000 MW (they operate currently ~20GW portfolio) and current market cap is $10B USD.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    The combined longroad, GGE & Gurin platform will have a 12,000 MW pipeline by 2022, by way of comparison Brookfield’s renewable pipeline is some 23,000 MW (they operate currently ~20GW portfolio) and current market cap is $10B USD.
    Interesting times ahead by the sounds and lots of turnover today on the market for IFT

Guru

Bull accumulating???

Hit $8.05 today, Brookfield 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Bull accumulating???
    i have always liked ift , consider it a core stock to a portfolio and the last lot i brought was at 7.60 ,
    been trading sideways most yr but looking good for upside break now.
    one step ahead of the herd

Very little liquidity so far today, no one selling and the trickle of sharesies money seems to be drifting it higher. $8.08 so far, will be interesting to see the AU market opening.

seems to have broken through a triple top so could have some legs!
    IFT0917.JPG
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

IFT - building out a global renewable multi-jurisdiction segment with diversified risk and a tornado level tailwind is pretty exciting.
    The real release from the Asian renewable launch in my mind was that for the first time we had some visibility on the potential valuation of this segment - with Long roads 'independent' valuation at $1.8bn (only valuing a tiny portion of their development pipeline and taking a cautious multiple) helps highlight a massive upside in this segment. As others have noted comparisons to Brookfields aggregated play are incredibly favourable.
    As they consider aggregating into one global operation - it would be interesting to know whether their are real operational synergies - or simply facilitating a future divestment. In any case - it appears to have a huge potential.
    If Longroad's conservative enterprise value is approx $1.8bn and it only includes one year for their forward development pipline and a low multiple - it's probably not hard to speculate that it might be worth $3bn on an open market or more. That means there's $1.2bn of IFT value in that single entity. The previous spot price reports i've seen had IFT's share of longroad at $150m - so there's somewhere in the order of $0.5bn-$1.2bn of upside from an analysts perspective pre announcement ot post announcement - hence the rapid share price lift.
    If i look at the whole pie - there's a data business that is serially undervalued relative to it's peers - and growing like a steam train, an incredibly exciting emerging renewables segment with the same characteristics - and a nice steady state - health segment and massive b/sheet leverage available. What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by 3141592 View Post
    IFT - building out a global renewable multi-jurisdiction segment with diversified risk and a tornado level tailwind is pretty exciting.
    The real release from the Asian renewable launch in my mind was that for the first time we had some visibility on the potential valuation of this segment - with Long roads 'independent' valuation at $1.8bn (only valuing a tiny portion of their development pipeline and taking a cautious multiple) helps highlight a massive upside in this segment. As others have noted comparisons to Brookfields aggregated play are incredibly favourable.
    As they consider aggregating into one global operation - it would be interesting to know whether their are real operational synergies - or simply facilitating a future divestment. In any case - it appears to have a huge potential.
    If Longroad's conservative enterprise value is approx $1.8bn and it only includes one year for their forward development pipline and a low multiple - it's probably not hard to speculate that it might be worth $3bn on an open market or more. That means there's $1.2bn of IFT value in that single entity. The previous spot price reports i've seen had IFT's share of longroad at $150m - so there's somewhere in the order of $0.5bn-$1.2bn of upside from an analysts perspective pre announcement ot post announcement - hence the rapid share price lift.
    If i look at the whole pie - there's a data business that is serially undervalued relative to it's peers - and growing like a steam train, an incredibly exciting emerging renewables segment with the same characteristics - and a nice steady state - health segment and massive b/sheet leverage available. What's not to like?
    Sounds like you are not worried about the green bubble deflating? So, what do you think would be a sensible P/E for Infratil? Current forward P/E (based on analyst forecasts for the next 3 years) is 800.

If you think that is too cheap - what about 1000 or 1500? - or am I setting my eyes still too low?

If I understand you correctly than you are saying "one can't have too many IFT".

Where did I hear that before?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)