sharetrader
Page 288 of 341 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298338 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 3405

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Vodaphone does not own a blocking stake in their 'Towerco', equivalent to the 30% blocking stake that Spark retains in their equivalent company.

SNOOPY
    Infratil owns a 20% stake though.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post

What's not to like ?
    More of NZ Inc disappearing off shore along with the dividends. Would be better if NZ SuperFund or other NZ Company could buy.
    Disc: Happy holder.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    More of NZ Inc disappearing off shore along with the dividends. Would be better if NZ SuperFund or other NZ Company could buy.
    Disc: Happy holder.
    At 34x EBIDTA they can gladly take it! Will likely be a net win for NZ economy considering IFT can reinvest cash at a much better rate of return into other companies both in NZ and internationally.

Advanced Member

Vodaphone does not own a blocking stake in their 'Towerco', equivalent to the 30% blocking stake that Spark retains in their equivalent company.

SNOOPY
    Do you think that the Infratil board would not have a backup plan?

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Do you think that the Infratil board would not have a backup plan?
    I was thinking more in terms of of the Vodaphone NZ board rather than the Infratil board. I imagine there are watertight contracts reserving space on those towers for Vodaphone for 15 years, with another 15 year option for renewal (like the Spark deal). But I just thought Spark retaining 30% of 'their' tower company, while Vodaphone sold out completely, was an interesting contrast. While major Vodaphone NZ shareholder Infratil maintains a blocking stake in 'their' Towerco, then I guess it doesn't matter. But I wonder what happens after Infratil's rumoured eventual sell down of their shareholding in Vodaphone NZ?

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Advanced Member

I was thinking more in terms of of the Vodaphone NZ board rather than the Infratil board. I imagine there are watertight contracts reserving space on those towers for Vodaphone for 15 years, with another 15 year option for renewal (like the Spark deal). But I just thought Spark retaining 30% of 'their' tower company, while Vodaphone sold out completely, was an interesting contrast. While major Vodaphone NZ shareholder Infratil maintains a blocking stake in 'their' Towerco, then I guess it doesn't matter. But I wonder what happens after Infratil's rumoured eventual sell down of their shareholding in Vodaphone NZ?

SNOOPY
    I feel there are always other games at play. I am assuming that Vodafone directors are allowed to act independently, but with a transaction of this nature would have needed the approval of both Infratil and Brookfield. I am certain that this transaction would have happened for a reason. Who knows what the reason is but we are only seeing pieces of the puzzle.

Infratil announces new capital and co-investor for Longroad Energy:

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...170/375625.pdf

“The transaction implies a pre-money valuation for Longroad of US$2,000 million. “

“At completion of the transaction, Infratil will have invested a net US$112 million in Longroad since 2016, and achieved an IRR of 59% p.a. based on the US$800 million pre-money valuation of its stake implied by this transaction (post-estimated performance fees and tax and sale costs payable if Infratil realised its stake).”

Wow, Infratil have been able to generate great returns on these energy transition business.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Infratil announces new capital and co-investor for Longroad Energy:

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...170/375625.pdf

“The transaction implies a pre-money valuation for Longroad of US$2,000 million. “

“At completion of the transaction, Infratil will have invested a net US$112 million in Longroad since 2016, and achieved an IRR of 59% p.a. based on the US$800 million pre-money valuation of its stake implied by this transaction (post-estimated performance fees and tax and sale costs payable if Infratil realised its stake).”

Wow, Infratil have been able to generate great returns on these energy transition business.
    Back to $9 the market loves it.

Advanced Member

THERE SHE BLOWS!!!

new ATH right?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    THERE SHE BLOWS!!!

new ATH right?
    Oh no...my dividend yield wrecked !