sharetrader
Page 297 of 341 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 3409

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Guru

"For now, AusUnity, Lendlease and the other bidders are waiting on RetireAustralia’s board, owners and bankers to shortlist parties for the auction’s second and final stage."
    Last edited by kiora; 10-11-2022 at 11:28 AM.

We can't really access a file which seems to sit on your C:drive.

Any chance you could provide a link to the internet ?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Can't read the article (hey, one can't subscribe to every publication, can one?), but wondering whether now is a good time to sell retirement stocks ...
    I would have thought the reverse at current prices, good time to buy.

Advanced Member

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    58% of IFT's portfolio is now in digital technologies; 21% in renewables. It really has pivoted away from "old economy" infrastructure industries.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 15-11-2022 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I notice that lots of their "fair value" (actually 36%) is in Data centres. Fair enough - they are fashionable, but maybe this is as well a high risk strategy? What happens to them if some of the global undesirables decide to take a data centre out?

I notice as well that a material part of their income (though just 10% this HY) comes again from "independent re-valuations". Not supposing anything untoward, but I guess the proof of a re-valuation is in the pudding (not in the book).

Solid investment fund and congratulations to long time holders. Still - I see them as pretty much fully valued.
    ----

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I notice that lots of their "fair value" (actually 36%) is in Data centres. Fair enough - they are fashionable, but maybe this is as well a high risk strategy? What happens to them if some of the global undesirables decide to take a data centre out?

I notice as well that a material part of their income (though just 10% this HY) comes again from "independent re-valuations". Not supposing anything untoward, but I guess the proof of a re-valuation is in the pudding (not in the book).

Solid investment fund and congratulations to long time holders. Still - I see them as pretty much fully valued.

With a dividend yield slightly more than 2% I wouldn't be rushing to buy them at the moment either.
    Bought mine mid 2020, more than happy to sit on what I have wishing I'd been braver then.
    2.6% of portfolio.

All good but when will we see $9.54 again?

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    All good but when will we see $9.54 again?
    What makes you think we do? Is this based on the amazing dividend yield (north of 2%), the outstanding underlying earnings (long term less than 1% - I guess they make their money with revaluation gains and opportunistic sells) or the return of the hype factor?

I guess nobody can predict where hype is driving a stock but really - anybody going for a rapid capital gain would not go for a stock which is at best fairly valued and its growth phase already in the past, would they?
    ----

Advanced Member

This part is amazing:

Following completion of the tower sale, Infratil will have received almost $1 billion in cash distributions in the just over three years since acquiring Vodafone for $1.03 billion, while still retaining a 49.9% shareholding in the Vodafone business.