sharetrader
Page 301 of 341 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 3405

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Guru

Some company’s management should be recognized as profit centers unlike other companies’ management. I prefer to invest in companies whose management do as they say they are going to do. Management that considers all stake holders even handily. Trust is earned and added to by having well thought out succession plans.
    The fact that M & Co skim off 10 % leaving the investors 90% of the gains is an argument heard ad infinitum from investors/advisors who can’t seem to better their performance. They do have their own costs to run their business and provide the service to IFT.
    This “fee” is drawn over 3 years and often reinvested into purchasing IFT shares. The recent purchases were at $9.15.
    https://stocknessmonster.com/announc...ft.nzx-399247/
    Was this a good investment for them? The fair value for IFT was $12.58 @30 Sept ,2022.I suspect so as I can’t recall IFT being so undervalued relative to fair value
    https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/attach...1&d=1668553845
    WB was once heard to say a good way to get good long term investment returns is to invest in low risk infrastructure assets then leverage the investment up.
    Strategies to maximize returns since the IPO from IFT include selling head shares & reinvesting proceeds in the warrants then using a mortgage to exercise the warrants.

And continuing to add to the portfolio winners and sell the other portfolio losers.

That way an investor can better an original investor who participated in Infratil’s initial public offering who could have acquired 1,000 shares for $1,000
    That person would now have shares worth nearly $130,790 on 30 September 2022 - 15,462 shares (at $8.65 each).
    Last edited by kiora; 20-11-2022 at 05:12 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Yes they were all listed in NZ.

I have found this reference to a 'Shoeshine' column from 22 years ago that outlined what happened

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/b...-stumbles.html...
    Thanks for that bit of history. My investment in IFT NZ exceeded expectations. As you previously said, a retail investor could not replicate their current portfolio. As IFT matured it managed to access a greater range of opportunities. The IFT/Superfund partnership seems to benefit them both.

No sale of retire Australia

Guru

Likely good outcome as likely low ball offers even that the business trucking along nicely
    Plus IFT have plenty of financial facilities for their investment needs at the moment

So why sell RTA ?

What are posters predictions of reduction in share price post dividend. .45c?

Guru

Looks like it will need another acquisition to get to the $10?
    There has been a bit of interest in this sector
    https://www.afr.com/companies/health...0221117-p5bz3l
    "IFM and UniSuper plan to invest in both back-end technology and artificial intelligence-enabled software to generate efficiencies in the business, and expand the business into new procedures and open additional clinics.

The space has been a hot one for M&A activity in the past few years. Advent Partners bought a majority stake in Imaging Associates late last year and ASX-listed Integral Diagnostics acquired Queensland’s Peloton Radiology in February."

Advanced Member

Another good announcement. Utilising government subsidies (not yet of course) to create wealth for shareholders. Not too late to join before we head to $10+. Of course DYOR and don’t take my word as advice.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Yes, rinse and repeat.

From what I've read and heard over past months, the idea is to develop a template for "green energy companies", and roll them out across the world wherever they can see a buck to be made. With "green energy" as a major investment theme.

They certainly learned a lot from the TrustPower/Tilt experience

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Another good announcement. Utilising government subsidies (not yet of course) to create wealth for shareholders. Not too late to join before we head to $10+. Of course DYOR and don’t take my word as advice.
    SP all over the place. This announcement didn’t do it we live in hope. Mentioned by Forsyth Barr as one of 5 to watch in 2023.