sharetrader
Page 317 of 347 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3461

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Expecting that SP will quickly rally upwards following closure of share offer on 27/6/23. Any thoughts on degree of scaling on new shares. If I get third of what I applied for I would be happy.

Sorry for being thick, but what are the practical consequences of not participating in the offer? Will it mean the shares I currently hold will be worth less?

Quote Originally Posted by hey_homes View Post
    Sorry for being thick, but what are the practical consequences of not participating in the offer? Will it mean the shares I currently hold will be worth less?
    It just means that you own a smaller share of the company, which however should be worth the same amount of money your larger stake was before (assuming they don't waste the capital raised). So - all other things being equal (but they never are), and ignoring the cost of the capital raise, your shares should keep the same value.

Obviously - shares don't like to stay on the same price, they will go up or down or jitter or cycle as they always do.

But this will be dependant on the markets mood after the capital raise as well as on the usual suspects. If Mr. Market thinks it was an amazing idea to raise this capital, than shares might keep rising. If Mr. Market has second thoughts (often happens after capital raises - post CR syndrome), than shares will go down.

It will be however absolutely irrelevant, whether you decide to join the CR or not - unless you are acting on behalf of Morrison (but than you probably would not ask ;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 26-06-2023 at 09:20 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Consequences of not participating is that your % shareholding of IFT will be lower but your shares will be worth more /share if/when the takeover is earnings accretive over the medium term
    https://infratil.com/news/infratil-a...quity-raising/

Thank you both

Your shareholding as a percentage of overall shares will decrease i.e. you will be diluted.

All things being equal, you should have approximately the same value invested if you do not participate.
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Advanced Member

Quite the close!

Stock essentially back to where it was when cap raised was announced.

Closed at $9.98 today!

Announcement tomorrow re allocation of new shares, trading of new shares commencing 4/7/23. Looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Closed at $9.98 today!
    $9.985 to be exact

Pretty good return on the $9.20 capital raise shares

Way it’s meant to be
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”