sharetrader
Page 329 of 342 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 3412

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    Okay they were paying millions of dollars in ongoing "branding fees". But I think "One" is a terrible rebrand, but who knows......

When I hear it, I always think it's that TV channel that I don't watch. Or it feels like the start of something: "One... pear" "One... pissed-off customer" etc
    Because of this, I'm gonna knock 50c off my Infratil buy-in price, which was a well thought out, charted, and researched $9.99.

Guru

Because of this, I'm gonna knock 50c off my Infratil buy-in price, which was a well thought out, charted, and researched $9.99.
    Haha, how really well thought out?
    Expecting a real share market crash then?
    Good luck.

By 2026 Longroad alone is expecting to earn as much EBITDA as IFT is earning now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Haha, how really well thought out?
    Good luck.

By 2026 Longroad alone is expecting to earn as much EBITDA as IFT is earning now.
    My research pinpointed the perfect buy-in price via aligning one Infratil share with a large Big Mac combo from three years back.
    Last edited by Azz; 30-09-2023 at 04:54 PM.

Banned

Good luck.
    I'm biding my time. Things are just a bit weird at the moment for the NZ share market. I may pay more in future than now, but so be it.

Here is my list of NZ stocks on my buy list:

1) Infratil

I'm biding my time. Things are just a bit weird at the moment for the NZ share market. I may pay more in future than now, but so be it.

Here is my list of NZ stocks on my buy list:

1) Infratil
    Infratil is already my biggest shareholding and my buy list is still the same as yours!

Guru

My research pinpointed the perfect buy-in price via aligning one Infratil share with a large Big Mac combo from three years back.
    Say that again?

What is the relationship between a Big Mac combo from three years back & IFT?

I would suggest IFT management are more of a profit center than a Big Mac combo from three years back

Investments

Say that again?

What is the relationship between a Big Mac combo from three years back & IFT?

I would suggest IFT management are more of a profit center than a Big Mac combo from three years back
    I was wondering mate so thought I shud ask u ....

U have two stock portfolio with CURRENT ratio being 80% IFT and 20% FPH as per your last disclosure .

Did u start with these ratios OR over the period of time it became like this keeping in view IFT doing much better then FPH at present ...may had been different when FPH was flying high above $ 36 ?

PS : Aim is to know how to manage such simple portfolios ...keep rebalancing at regular intervals or let them run as they go ?
    Last edited by alokdhir; 01-10-2023 at 08:25 AM.

Quick sums ….price of Big Mac in NZ seems to have outperformed IFT shares over last couple of years
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Quick sums ….price of Big Mac in NZ seems to have outperformed IFT shares over last couple of years
    And will only continue to increase faster than IFT over the coming years if Inflation can't get under control

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    I was wondering mate so thought I shud ask u ....

U have two stock portfolio with CURRENT ratio being 80% IFT and 20% FPH as per your last disclosure .

Did u start with these ratios OR over the period of time it became like this keeping in view IFT doing much better then FPH at present ...may had been different when FPH was flying high above $ 36 ?

PS : Aim is to know how to manage such simple portfolios ...keep rebalancing at regular intervals or let them run as they go ?
    I always have taken up allotment of most new listings since the 80's up until around 5 years ago.
    Lately I haven't added any new listings as I couldn't get enough to be worthwhile or appeared sub par investments/businesses cf IFT or FPH
    I added more IFT as I went & maintained initial FPH(did sell some FPH,15%, 5? years ago)
    & sold the other laggards when needed some funds for other investments or when market seemed to be turning & needing to pay off some OD

From memory sold
    FBU many moons ago
    WHS @ $7.50 cashed for projects
    Skl @ $2.50 after buying in cash issue @ $0.50
    AIA $6.20 after reading book on pandemics
    RBD @ $2.50? after buying in when RBJ disclosed his holding
    ARV $1.30 on way up when market turning pay off some OD
    Turners @ $3.50 when market turning pay off some OD
    SKC @ $3.50 when market turning pay off some OD
    MHI,NPH,THL, etc pay off some OD

Now comfortable letting them run as I go with no rebalancing.
    Last edited by kiora; 01-10-2023 at 10:41 PM.