sharetrader
Page 41 of 341 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Thread: IFT - Infratil

My guess is probably higher given the success of other warrant issues-maybe up to 60 cents.I would prefer 40cents.

IFTWC

Bidders at 56 cents.
    Offers at 70 cents.

This is the only exciting thing happening for me today.
    Toddy

Damn, when I divide my IFTWB holding by 10 the resulting IFTWCs don't seem too much!

Oh well, I'm quite tempted to buy some IFTWCs. Apart from being longer term, what are some advantages to the WCs? Would there be a logical reason to sell WBs to buy WCs?

I sold 50% of my B warrants on Friday, was hoping to buy some C's today, looking too expensive for me at this point. Would prefer to buy back some more B's if they drop a bit more.

Guru

Probably many holders haven't got in the post confirmation of their IFTWC holding, so a few more might come on the market later.

Infratil Email Update
    12 June 2007
    Infratil Email Updates are sent to interested shareholders, analysts, brokers and other parties who have registered their interest on http://www.infratil.com

Wellington Airport May 2007 Traffic Statistics
    International passengers grew by 11.4% in May against a decline of seats of 1.8%. Growth to South East Queensland was particularly strong, and Melbourne grew strongly as well, despite an 11% fall in seats on that route. Overall international load factor for the month was 72%, up 8 points on May last year. Domestic passengers fell by 1.0% in May against last year, with seats down 6.6% and a load factor of 73% (69% last year).

In retail, work has commenced on a new landside duty free store for Regency, which opened its airside stores last December. Kia Kaha and the new Oceanic Arts stores have opened, and tenders are underway for new concessions for souvenirs/gifts, news and books and music.

Consultations with airlines may complete in the next few weeks with further exchanges of material and proposals completed in May. The most recent proposal was for a 2.85% increase in landing charges each year for the next five years, with the international departure fee held constant over that period.
    http://www.infratil.com/wial_financial_summary.htm

Infratil Airports Europe May 2007 Traffic Statistics
    http://www.infratil.com/gpia_financial_summary.htm

Glasgow Prestwick Airport
    Glasgow Prestwick handled 216,533 passengers in May 2007 - this represents increases of 6% on April and 4% on the prior year.

The strong showing was helped by a large influx of charter traffic carrying football supporters for the UEFA Cup Final during the month.

Upwards of 20 additional flights carrying more than 5,000 supporters of Espanyol FC passed through Glasgow Prestwick in the space of 24 hours, while many more travelled on existing Ryanair services.

The whole UEFA operation required a great deal of planning, which ultimately paid off as it was a great success in showcasing the event capabilities of Glasgow and the airport. Successful events such as these strengthen Glasgow's prospects of hosting the Commonwealth Games in 2014

Wizz Air and transavia.com services continue to perform well, while domestic routes remain weaker possibly as a result of the Government's APD rise.

Glasgow Prestwick handled 2,571 tonnes of freight during May, a 6% improvement on the same month in 2006.

Kent International Airport
    Kent International handled 2,665 tonnes of freight in May, a strong year on year increase of more than 80% and a 20% improvement on April's total.

The airport's summer passenger charter operation, operated by Kent Escapes, began on May 3 and is serving three popular holiday destinations in Spain and Portugal.

Luebeck Airport
    Luebeck handled 53,028 passengers during May 2007, a 7% drop on April figures and 17% down on the prior year total.

This is mainly due to an expected reduction in frequency on the Milan, Pisa and Dublin routes operated by Ryanair.

However, Ryanair announced a new service to one of their most popular destinations during the month. Girona (Barcelona) will be served three times a week from L?beck when flights commence on October 30.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

My shock at the near halving of the share price from a couple of months ago [:0] has given way to the joy of discovering I now should have twice as many shares AND some new warrants [].

And to think that I was seriously considering selling out sometime ago [B)].

I recently became a customer of Victoria Electricity and so far have received seperate three copies of the welcome pack. Hopefully we can expect them to improve their operating margins in the future.

om mani peme hum

IFT is well positioned to take advantage when carbon trading arrives. A joint Aussie/NZ trading system is exactly what we need.

Joining forces on carbon trading
    Page 1 of 2 View as a single page 5:00AM Monday June 18, 2007
    By Greg Ansley

John Howard has recently announced his intention to introduce carbon trading.

Climate Change
    Calculator taken off ministry website
    Plea to stop atolls sinking into Pacific
    Apec meetings
    Apec unlikely to be carbon trading bloc
    Fran O'Sullivan: Climate top of Howard list
    New Zealand and Australia will work closely together in the development of carbon-trading systems, with the potential to develop a model for similar systems throughout the region.

Pushed by New Zealand and the more recent conversion to climate change by Australian Prime Minister John Howard, emissions trading will also be discussed at September's Asia Pacific Economic Co-operation summit in Sydney.

Wellington has been recognised in Australia as a global leader in climate-change policies, with its carbon-neutral ambitions and its decision to set up a greenhouse gas emissions trading system by the middle of next year.

With the added emphasis of a looming election this year in which the environment has become a central issue, Howard this month accepted the recommendations of an inquiry into climate change and also announced his intention to introduce carbon trading.

Although he has refused to set an emissions-reduction target until after the election, Howard has been moving fast to catch up with Labor's environmental lead.

Both played a prominent role in last week's five-day trade mission led by Clark and Economic Development Minister Trevor Mallard to Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.

In Brisbane, Clark and Premier Peter Beattie agreed to accelerate co-operation in several key areas of climate-change science, including the development of clean-burning coal and moves to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by farm animals which comprise 50 per cent of New Zealand's emissions profile.

Important differences remain in transtasman approaches to climate change.

New Zealand has ratified the Kyoto Protocols setting down targets for emissions reduction, while Canberra has steadfastly refused ratification.

Howard's conservative Coalition Government also supports nuclear power as a greenhouse-friendly alternative energy source despite bitter controversy, and believes Australia should work towards its own nuclear industry.

Wellington remains opposed to nuclear energy.

But Canberra - which has also discussed compatible carbon-trading systems with Canada - will now work closely with New Zealand on emissions trading.

"It has been agreed to establish a working group of officials from the two countries to ensure that as each of us moves towards an emissions trading system in our two countries, we achieve as much compatibility and harmonisation as possible, and as much acceptance of common standards as might be possible," Howard said after meeting Clark.

Toddy

Guru

quote:Originally posted by Toddy

IFT is well positioned to take advantage when carbon trading arrives. A joint Aussie/NZ trading system is exactly what we need.
    Just out of interest, why do you say this.

Is it just because Trustpower has a few wind turbines or am I missing something else.

(NZ Bus is upgrading their fleet so I assume they are the low carbon Euro 4 standard??)
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Isn't IFT one of the jv companies planning a carbon trading system.