sharetrader
Page 85 of 341 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Thanks W69.

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    Well, I seem to have flushed out quite a few IFT detractors! (including on IFTWB thread).

I agree that the European Airports are a bit of a millstone around their necks, and there is unlikely to be much relief in this department any time soon
    That hardly puts me in the detractor camp, especially when you agree with my statement regarding the Euro airports.

AFAIAC, if the asset is performing poorly and it shows no sign of a medium term turn-around, then it should be disposed of as the Euro airports will be.

Some decry NZ Bus being in the portfolio, however as I outlined in my previous post, it has IMO performed moderately well, so does not warrant disposal unless the right price is paid

Well done on the analysis work Colin! Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Stage Coach, European airports, Auckland Airport and of course, ENE have all failed to meet targets.
    In the middle of the recession? Not surprising really, and IMO not necessarily an indictment on the company itself.

Default TA anyone

Would any TA guru care to provide a technical viewpoint of where this stock is at the moment?

For the guru,you will have to wait for Pheadras, and I don't know how to post charts but;
    IFT has just broken through the upward trendline,and is heading down.
    At the moment OBV is still in an upward trend,by the look of some of the other indicators e.g RSI and macd it may be headed for a period of sideways movement.

Sorry this may not have been the chart you wanted,but I'm sure The Guru will come to the rescue.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Wot, no buses

I read in the [online] papers that NZ Bus has locked out the workers and you are all trying to squeeze onto the trains.

Obviously not doing Infratil's SP any good.
    Maybe it will go up again when peace and industrial harmony resume.

regards
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    I read in the [online] papers that NZ Bus has locked out the workers and you are all trying to squeeze onto the trains.

Obviously not doing Infratil's SP any good.
    Maybe it will go up again when peace and industrial harmony resume.

regards
    Paper Tiger
    I think it will take more than peace and industrial harmony to move the shareprice much. I've found Infratil my most frustrating shares over the last couple of years. Don't know if it's all those B warrants outstanding or Lloyd Morrisons health holding them back.

I wonder how much involvement IFT directors have with the bus lockout - there's a lot of people finding alternative ways to get around that they might just stick with - a week is long enough to embed new travel patterns, so long term business affected as well as loss of 1 week's income.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tobo View Post
    I wonder how much involvement IFT directors have with the bus lockout - there's a lot of people finding alternative ways to get around that they might just stick with - a week is long enough to embed new travel patterns, so long term business affected as well as loss of 1 week's income.
    Agree. On my bus route, most people haven't gone back to cars since the price of petrol was over $2. Once people get into a habit, they stick with it.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

The media coverage is definitely doing damage to the SP. The markets have moved ahead and IFT has gone backwards despite being an infrastructure share.

All of the models show that the impact on bus users has not long term effect. Like eveyone else, I want the workers to life their work to rule and get on with driving the buses.

In tough times like now I would have thought that everyone was lucky to have a job, not hold out for double digit pay rises. If IFT management gives in and then pases on the cost to the Auckland public, then guess who loses.
    Toddy