sharetrader
Page 216 of 339 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 3387

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Heaps more fees for Morrison and Co...a casual observer might be forgiven for being more than a little cynical after their recent $100m fee plunder and wonder why that isn't more than enough already. I think they get the cream and shareholders are left with skim milk.
    Skim milk is full of protein for body building, the fat will just sit around keeping you warm until it is used up!

Membaa

I reckon IFT could boost Vodafone into the #1 in all telco categories, though it's not something I'd speculate on at this point in time but as the process evolves and gets closer to a ComCom decision, it might pay to have some dry powder ready, or a finger on the sell trigger. Either way I'll let the process unfold before picking sides. Too many moving parts to take a position at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I reckon IFT could boost Vodafone into the #1 in all telco categories, though it's not something I'd speculate on at this point in time but as the process evolves and gets closer to a ComCom decision, it might pay to have some dry powder ready, or a finger on the sell trigger. Either way I'll let the process unfold before picking sides. Too many moving parts to take a position at this stage.
    Jeez if Sparks sports thing us a dude and Vodafone go to #1 I don’t think I’d want Spark shares.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez if Sparks sports thing us a dude and Vodafone go to #1 I don’t think I’d want Spark shares.
    Me either, but I reckon Voda under IFT would revert to getting the basic telco stuff right first, and quickly, then look at value added. [disc: a happy Voda customer for a long time and have no complaints]. Plenty of room to improve though, might even cost a few bob to rationalise the disparate Voda systems that they've acquired and cobbled together.

All good though, a solid base to develop and grow. After that it's content, or maybe not, Spark could come a gutser with entering the content market if they fail to delivery the RWC perfectly, that'd spook investors. There's so many moving parts here, but a sea change in ownership and business strategies, assuming ability to execute, may signal a shift for investors.

Finally the telco sector is getting interesting again and we'll be able to put a bob each way on the big incumbents.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    About 70 cents for every share so something like a 1 for 7 at 4 bucks
    Got the 4 bucks right

But seem to be allowing $100m for new investors if I read it right
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Next year EBITDAF earnings looks like 15 cents per share higher than this year taking into account new shares issued with cash issue.Not too shabby.

Advanced Member

Vodafone issues today in Hawke’s bay I have been told. Anyone else having issues?

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Next year EBITDAF earnings looks like 15 cents per share higher than this year taking into account new shares issued with cash issue.Not too shabby.
    lovely cash flow coming
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    lovely cash flow coming
    Agreed.Its a whale of a deal.Just need to get the cheque book out to take up my entitlement.Cum dividend as well

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Me either, but I reckon Voda under IFT would revert to getting the basic telco stuff right first, and quickly, then look at value added. [disc: a happy Voda customer for a long time and have no complaints]. Plenty of room to improve though, might even cost a few bob to rationalise the disparate Voda systems that they've acquired and cobbled together.

All good though, a solid base to develop and grow. After that it's content, or maybe not, Spark could come a gutser with entering the content market if they fail to delivery the RWC perfectly, that'd spook investors. There's so many moving parts here, but a sea change in ownership and business strategies, assuming ability to execute, may signal a shift for investors.

Finally the telco sector is getting interesting again and we'll be able to put a bob each way on the big incumbents.
    Agreed, it's worth noting that customer satisfaction is an ongoing issue with Vodafone NZ. They've taken out the wooden spoon three years running in Consumer NZ’s satisfaction survey, telco customers rated Vodafone last for both mobile and broadband services(https://www.consumer.org.nz/articles/telco-providers.) Plenty of scope for Vodafone to do the basics better.