sharetrader
Page 215 of 339 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3387

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    . I'm concerned that there isn't any chance to grow in the industry, its a race to the bottom
    You never know this for sure, there are sometimes ways to create blue water (an unexplored new market.)
    Maybe something special using 5G , I have no idea.

Anyway, I agree I think it'll be a challenge for IFT to do a Z with this one. But maybe they like a challenge.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Might get ComCom permission ...might have to sell Trustpower ...might have to sell their share of consortium .....lot of mights but they’ll sort it out
    Trustpower is small bikky when it comes to telecoms. It is also one step above an amateurish level. I know because I tried it for 2 years recently and could not wait soon enough to get off their broadband. When I did, my line speed jumped up 30% and my connection reliability tripled (at least). If IFT integrate TPW services with Voda then it has to be an improvement. As to current wireless broadband and mobile services with Spark then they cannot be expected to last long but must surely be replaced by Vodafone services. IFT will have calculated all the ins and outs of doing this.

Banned

Telecomm service providers are definitely in transition. Basic communications are too cut-throat for a company to make it the only line of business. Spark are becoming a content provider while retaining its mobile, backbone network and international fibre services. Voda tried and failed to join with SkyTV. IFT through TPW is selling bundled power/telecomms/gas connections and is now building out the telecomms with Voda. I would not be surprised by a new attempt in due course by Voda/IFT/Brookfield to takeover SKT (never really was a merger) since SPK has now developed very competitive services over broadband while SKT keeps on losing its market.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Before IFT made Z what it is today, I'm sure many would have wondered what could a company do with a fuel retailer? Its a basic good and service, but if theres one thing IFT is good at its the customer service and experience. They know how to build premium services that people will pay for, while at the same time finding great efficiencies, this is where the profits are. As it stands Vodafone have a fragmented system where customer get frustrated dealing with them, there brand is well known but doesn't have a premium branding feel that Spark and 2 Degrees have built, but they are quite good on the sales end hence why they maintain their revenue levels given the current competition.

What IFT has to do is refresh the brand, create a clear but flexible system and find more added services. Given they have access to Trust power there is a lot of combinations. Vodafone could introduce power to all customer plans, offer cloud storage, sell electronic products, security systems and many others. What you have to recognize is they have underutilized selling power to a large customer base that already trust their offerings, but theres too much anchoring in everyones minds to think about this company is solely a telecommunications company rather than a wider and more general technology service company. Big reason Telecom had to rebrand to Spark, but I think here they will keep the Vodafone brand.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 15-05-2019 at 12:50 AM.

INFRATIL WANTS VODAFONE FREE TO CHASE DOMESTIC STRATEGY

the key points in the article

Bogoievski said Infratil entered the deal with a very long-term view

Infratil wants to free Vodafone's management team from the constraints placed on them by the global group

(how they will get some earnings growth)

Bogoievski said he thought regulators, policymakers and Vodafone's customers understood the need for the need to cooperate and share new technology, rather than needlessly duplicate investment.

( wonder if they mean they want to share cost of 5g build with spark etc)

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/4...-strategy.html

one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Before IFT made Z what it is today, I'm sure many would have wondered what could a company do with a fuel retailer? Its a basic good and service, but if theres one thing IFT is good at its the customer service and experience. They know how to build premium services that people will pay for, while at the same time finding great efficiencies, this is where the profits are. As it stands Vodafone have a fragmented system where customer get frustrated dealing with them, there brand is well known but doesn't have a premium branding feel that Spark and 2 Degrees have built, but they are quite good on the sales end hence why they maintain their revenue levels given the current competition.

What IFT has to do is refresh the brand, create a clear but flexible system and find more added services. Given they have access to Trust power there is a lot of combinations. Vodafone could introduce power to all customer plans, offer cloud storage, sell electronic products, security systems and many others. What you have to recognize is they have underutilized selling power to a large customer base that already trust their offerings, but theres too much anchoring in everyones minds to think about this company is solely a telecommunications company rather than a wider and more general technology service company. Big reason Telecom had to rebrand to Spark, but I think here they will keep the Vodafone brand.
    Well said. I am excited to see what will comes out of this business.

Guru

I agree with sb888. Telecommunications isn't a staid sunlight industry.
    They're looking for growth in the high single digits and increase in profit in mid teens.
    It looks very good for infratil and a game changer for growth

Investor

FNZC lowers their tp to $4.23 as per below link.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/3...fone-deal.html

Heaps more fees for Morrison and Co...a casual observer might be forgiven for being more than a little cynical after their recent $100m fee plunder and wonder why that isn't more than enough already. I think they get the cream and shareholders are left with skim milk.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Heaps more fees for Morrison and Co...a casual observer might be forgiven for being more than a little cynical after their recent $100m fee plunder and wonder why that isn't more than enough already. I think they get the cream and shareholders are left with skim milk.
    Beagle look any the share price over the years...........? hardly not skim milk. I am up over 40% in 4 years excluding dividends and am happy to be holding this wonderful share. I do however think if you are investing into this now you might be purchasing at the wrong time if you want quick gains.