sharetrader
Page 211 of 339 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3387

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Is this going to be another Z Energy/ Shell NZ situation?
    Hope so

Banned

MorningStar have a valuation this morning. of $3.10

:...We have ceased coverage on Infratil. We periodically adjust coverage as necessary based on stock outlook, client demand, and investor interest. Infratil is overvalued following a strong share price rally during the past two years, and we think further strong gains are unlikely.

The outlook for its portfolio is mixed. Trustpower and Wellington Airport are mature, moaty businesses which should generate moderate earnings growth over time from reinvesting in their assets. Canberra Data Centres is growing quickly and generating strong returns by rolling out more capacity to accommodate the Australian government's need to digitise its huge amount data.

Other assets are not as attractive. Tilt Renewables in Australia and New Zealand and Longroad in the U.S. will spend large sums building new wind and solar farms, though we doubt returns will impress given huge numbers of competing renewable energy developers. We are also not overly enthusiastic about its retirement operations. Retirement living has proven to be a difficult industry to make profits, despite the tailwind from ageing populations. NZ Bus appears to be stabilising after the loss of some major routes to competitors and is likely to be sold. Similarly, Perth Energy has returned to profitability and is likely to be sold. ..."

Make of that what you will.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Hope so
    And let's hope it doesn't turn out to be a European airport experience or a NZ Bus ride. I've done very well out of IFT over the years but their (Morrison's) picks aren't always winners.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    And let's hope it doesn't turn out to be a European airport experience or a NZ Bus ride. I've done very well out of IFT over the years but their (Morrison's) picks aren't always winners.
    Quietly confident of their strategy on this.My thinking is it will tie in well with the Trustpower offers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCross View Post
    MorningStar have a valuation this morning. of $3.10

:...We have ceased coverage on Infratil. We periodically adjust coverage as necessary based on stock outlook, client demand, and investor interest. Infratil is overvalued following a strong share price rally during the past two years, and we think further strong gains are unlikely.

The outlook for its portfolio is mixed. Trustpower and Wellington Airport are mature, moaty businesses which should generate moderate earnings growth over time from reinvesting in their assets. Canberra Data Centres is growing quickly and generating strong returns by rolling out more capacity to accommodate the Australian government's need to digitise its huge amount data.

Other assets are not as attractive. Tilt Renewables in Australia and New Zealand and Longroad in the U.S. will spend large sums building new wind and solar farms, though we doubt returns will impress given huge numbers of competing renewable energy developers. We are also not overly enthusiastic about its retirement operations. Retirement living has proven to be a difficult industry to make profits, despite the tailwind from ageing populations. NZ Bus appears to be stabilising after the loss of some major routes to competitors and is likely to be sold. Similarly, Perth Energy has returned to profitability and is likely to be sold. ..."

Make of that what you will.
    I am assuming that the comments are backwards looking (like so many analysts).

Guru

I am assuming BC wanted more IFT ?
    https://www.marketscreener.com/INFRA...631/consensus/

wonder if its a done deal for vodaphone nz

this from trustpower

Later this year, Trustpower will introduce both mobile phone and wireless broadband services, further building on itsposition as a leading provider of bundled services

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...397/299720.pdf
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    wonder if its a done deal for vodaphone nz

this from trustpower

Later this year, Trustpower will introduce both mobile phone and wireless broadband services, further building on itsposition as a leading provider of bundled services

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...397/299720.pdf
    I have been with Vodafone for many years but power is with some one else... It will be interesting if it is the case and perhaps a bundle package for power, mobile and broadband as well.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    I have been with Vodafone for many years but power is with some one else... It will be interesting if it is the case and perhaps a bundle package for power, mobile and broadband as well.
    Personally I dislike the bundled approach for doing business. I like to chose who I get my services from, and shop around for each one, and not be tied to one because of a bundle.
    I just want the supplier to offer me a proper/fair price for whatever service it might be.
    Each to their own I guess.

bundled offering is very good for company bottom line. wonder how spark will respond to this new competition ( if it happens) power / ph / gas bundle vrs ph / entertainment bundle.
    one step ahead of the herd