sharetrader
Page 184 of 341 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 3405

Thread: IFT - Infratil

[QUOTE=huxley;714739]
    Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post

But, they say they have $1b in potential investments, soo.. yeah.. Not a bad place to be though, eh?

the stocks got potential dont disagree,
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Solid result with increased fully imputed divvy.

cant complain about a div increase , be hoping to hear about portfolio narrowing and capital allocation more in there briefing.

Advanced Member

Market seems happy enough with it

Guru

[QUOTE=kiora;714737]
    Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    they said in there presentation they dont have enough capital to support all there investment options , thats why i think they need to narrow the portfolio think they might have alluded to that? and they also say tilt and data offer the best options for capital. so why keep the others if they are not as attractive?

Also they say market not valuing the new platforms in there share price - probably because they dont have any scale tilt an example looking at there results ....[/QUOTE Around $660 m available to invest?
    Oops,my bobo
    Invested $326m this yr,only $269 left to invest from undrawn bank facilities.Should be enough though.Onwards & upwards.

an encouraging report
    but my immediate points would be

eps down despite all the increases in underlying this and normalised that
    forecast is up but only after normalising
    forecast relies on good returns from Tilt (which just posted a loss), and Perth Gen (same)

I get a bit wary of the accounting but that is their forte and they do come up with rabbits out of the hat.

not a holder at present but always keeping an eye on them.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    an encouraging report
    but my immediate points would be

eps down despite all the increases in underlying this and normalised that
    forecast is up but only after normalising
    forecast relies on good returns from Tilt (which just posted a loss), and Perth Gen (same)

I get a bit wary of the accounting but that is their forte and they do come up with rabbits out of the hat.

not a holder at present but always keeping an eye on them.
    they will need to prove there platforms are working to close the value gap , think they realise this

the ceo seemed a bit caught of guard why mercury wanted to buy into tilt, probably a little peeved that some big knowgeable investor paid for a 20% stake well above market price and they missed out.

anyway never understood myself why infratil was wanting to buy the stake when they approved the split from trustpower doesnt make much sense why split it from your majority owned investment and then try to buy it back? dont get it seems like a real waste of money. I do see why mercury wanted it australia moving rapidly away from fossil generation to renewables has opened the market to fast movers to make some serious money from being first of the rank to build a scalable renewables business , tilt offers this by having the pipeline of projects. im just hoping infratil can speed it up before every joe wants in and the opportunity evaporates. 2020 i think is when subsidies for wind and solar finish.

“anyway never understood myself why infratil was wanting to buy the stake when they approved the split from trustpower doesnt make much sense why split it from your majority owned investment and then try to buy it back? ”

IFT held about 51% of old Trustpower and now hold about 51% of new Trustpower & of Tilt, in other words they still had the same stake before and after.. the trust likewise held about 26% of both Trustpower & Tilt, but they are more of an income focused investor so they didn’t really have the capacity or willingness to comit to the captital requirements needed to progress TLTs pipeline. It’s a win for the trust as they can put that capital to work in a diversified income focused investment and de-risks them from having such a large stake in the energy sector. They also had at least two willing buyers for their TLT stake, so got a higher sale price.

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    “anyway never understood myself why infratil was wanting to buy the stake when they approved the split from trustpower doesnt make much sense why split it from your majority owned investment and then try to buy it back? ”

IFT held about 51% of old Trustpower and now hold about 51% of new Trustpower & of Tilt, in other words they still had the same stake before and after.. the trust likewise held about 26% of both Trustpower & Tilt, but they are more of an income focused investor so they didn’t really have the capacity or willingness to comit to the captital requirements needed to progress TLTs pipeline. It’s a win for the trust as they can put that capital to work in a diversified income focused investment and de-risks them from having such a large stake in the energy sector. They also had at least two willing buyers for their TLT stake, so got a higher sale price.
    okay i get it , so infratil wanted to buy there stake because they see the big opportunity in tilt , but then mercury saw the big opportunity too but was willing too pay way more than anyone else.

does this suggest one day mercury sees tilt as a company worth billions?