sharetrader
Page 185 of 339 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 3387

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    okay i get it , so infratil wanted to buy there stake because they see the big opportunity in tilt , but then mercury saw the big opportunity too but was willing too pay way more than anyone else.

does this suggest one day mercury sees tilt as a company worth billions?
    I’d need to look it up, so don’t quote me on it! But I think they mentioned in one of the February updates, if TLT were to build out all of their pipeline it would require something like $6b

they say dundonnell will double the size of tilt , but why not double it again they have consents for mahinerangi and kawera downs combined 400 mw , i think they are to conservative in there approach now that mercury is onboard and stated they are willing to stump up the cash infratil should expediate the development pipeline triple tilt size very quickly is easliy obtainanble
    one step ahead of the herd

Risk.. for example, what happens if you committed to building those South Island assets and the aluminium smelter closed? The spot price would fall and you’d be left holding some stranded assets.. 😦

By the way, maybe I should change my name to “bear” haha

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Risk.. for example, what happens if you committed to building those South Island assets and the aluminium smelter closed? The spot price would fall and you’d be left holding some stranded assets.. 
    you dont need 100% committed contracts for the mwh to make them viable proposition to build , sometimes you need to take a leap of faith that the remaining mwh to be sold will be contracted in the future. as long as the contracted mwh supports the build and future costs then the additional sales will flow to the bottom line in time. i think its more about building the scale quickly and if they are sound propostions the additional sales will come.

infratil are saying there platforms are growth assets , there gearing is falling so why not get a move on? retire aus , data centres , tilt they are all sectors where the competition is not going to wait

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    you dont need 100% committed contracts for the mwh to make them viable proposition to build , sometimes you need to take a leap of faith that the remaining mwh to be sold will be contracted in the future. as long as the contracted mwh supports the build and future costs then the additional sales will flow to the bottom line in time. i think its more about building the scale quickly and if they are sound propostions the additional sales will come.

infratil are saying there platforms are growth assets , there gearing is falling so why not get a move on? retire aus , data centres , tilt they are all sectors where the competition is not going to wait
    Here’s a snapshot of that competition: http://www.windenergy.org.nz/consented-wind-farms

“the ceo seemed a bit caught of guard why mercury wanted to buy into tilt, probably a little peeved that some big knowgeable investor paid for a 20% stake well above market price and they missed out.”

What really seemed to stiffen Marko and Phillippa was when an analyst asked about the M Co fees for overseas investments! They seems a bit hedge fund 2&20ish!

“the ceo seemed a bit caught of guard why mercury wanted to buy into tilt, probably a little peeved that some big knowgeable investor paid for a 20% stake well above market price and they missed out.”

What really seemed to stiffen Marko and Phillippa was when an analyst asked about the M Co fees for overseas investments! They seems a bit hedge fund 2&20ish!
    lol yes so true are these people not used to being asked the hard questions? guess not? years of good performance and then the last 5 years of under performance may not be used to it ? anyway many investors asking them to step up there game i reckon. went to a investor meeting last year many people were asking why has the share price not gone up? look how similar stocks in aus have gone up big time? they have the opportunity now with there GROWTH platforms .... So i say show me the money ... meaning grow the share price , deliver

Here’s a snapshot of that competition: http://www.windenergy.org.nz/consented-wind-farms
    Great overview, Thanks.

Interesting to note - many of the resource applications are more than a decade old and no construction yet. One is from April 2004!
    Shows how profitable wind energy really is - better places to park the money;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Great overview, Thanks.

Interesting to note - many of the resource applications are more than a decade old and no construction yet. One is from April 2004!
    Shows how profitable wind energy really is - better places to park the money;
    Haha yeah..

The Stock Market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient…. Warren Buffett