sharetrader
Page 198 of 339 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 3387

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    everyones so busy talking and investing in oca lol they havent noticed ift has been kicking all time highs. been much better way to make money
    Biggest position here, up over 18% this Fy

everyones so busy talking and investing in oca lol they havent noticed ift has been kicking all time highs. been much better way to make money
    I noticed it but not sure what's driving the volumes and upward price. Do you happen to know what's behind it?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Biggest position here, up over 18% this Fy
    65%

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    65%
    Oh nice, I’m more like 29%

Still v happy with the results

There’s normally an investor update in late Jan early Feb
    Last edited by huxley; 30-01-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Guru

IMO, Shares go in and out of fashion....perhaps it is in the long-term folder (along with AIA and RYM?)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    IMO, Shares go in and out of fashion....perhaps it is in the long-term folder (along with AIA and RYM?)
    AIR & RYM are cyclical businesses.Have you got a parachute?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    I noticed it but not sure what's driving the volumes and upward price. Do you happen to know what's behind it?
    fisher funds been buying earlier also technical breakout of long term top will have caused more buyers to enter + the re - org of there portfolio (ift) is positive for growth
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    AIR & RYM are cyclical businesses.Have you got a parachute?
    Both AIA and RYM have provided long-term returns exceeding those from the NZX50.

True - hindsight would be an excellent guide, if we could go back in time ;, but thanks for the reminder.

Looking however forward - it looks to me that the market overvalues IFT at the moment. SP is around analyst consensus, and analyst consensus is for my feeling anyway a bit high for this share. Average backward PE is 14, average forward PE is nearly 23. Growth (revenue and / or earnings) is not existent - and let's face it, which of their investments is likely to make in the short term outstanding capital gains? TPW is a boring gentailer and currently more at the upper price boundary. Their alternative energy investments may or may not bear fruit in a decade or two - and I never understood anyway what brought them into student accomodation. Does not sound like an easy money spinner to me. And their datacentres? Well, not that hard for competiton to build some as well if datacentres are the cash cows of the future (which I doubt).

So - sure, they will keep making some money, but to justify their current SP they would need plenty of sustainable growth. Not sure I see where this is supposed to come from.

I trust you are selling?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    True - hindsight would be an excellent guide, if we could go back in time ;, but thanks for the reminder.

Looking however forward - it looks to me that the market overvalues IFT at the moment. SP is around analyst consensus, and analyst consensus is for my feeling anyway a bit high for this share. Average backward PE is 14, average forward PE is nearly 23. Growth (revenue and / or earnings) is not existent - and let's face it, which of their investments is likely to make in the short term outstanding capital gains? TPW is a boring gentailer and currently more at the upper price boundary. Their alternative energy investments may or may not bear fruit in a decade or two - and I never understood anyway what brought them into student accomodation. Does not sound like an easy money spinner to me. And their datacentres? Well, not that hard for competiton to build some as well if datacentres are the cash cows of the future (which I doubt).

So - sure, they will keep making some money, but to justify their current SP they would need plenty of sustainable growth. Not sure I see where this is supposed to come from.

I trust you are selling?
    Aw Blackpeter, I remember you making the same investment case back when the stock was trending down back in late 2016. My only regret is not purchasing more at NZD 2.70