sharetrader
Page 240 of 339 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 3387

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Waiuta View Post
    My holding cost on these is now ~$3.40 having bought in Nov 2016 and again in Dec 2018. Despite me moaning about the excessive management fees Morrison & Co charge I'm showing a total return of ~25%. So mustn't grumble.
    Likely to be a lot lower return IF Morrison & Co weren't managing it???
    This way all stakeholders win in my view.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Likely to be a lot lower return IF Morrison & Co weren't managing it???
    This way all stakeholders win in my view.
    I agree, kiora. IFT is a Morrison and Co vehicle; it wouldn't be there if M and Co hadn't created it; despite "generous" management fees IFT has been an excellent investment since inception and investors go into it with their eyes wide open, or should. No complaints from me!

Latest Telcowatch report, for the second quarter of 2020, Spark continue to lose ground in the NZ mobile market share (-2%) but Vodafone have slowed to .3% growth. Skinny made an 8% increase off a small base (all comparisons made are to the first quarter.) Vodafone still holding poll position with 36.4% market share, over Spark with 36.2%. The trend down for Spark continues (since early 2019) but these are not stellar numbers for Vodafone either - given the money they've thrown at the mobile market. Their reduced marketshare growth throughout the second quarter of 2020 must be of some concern for IFT.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy Flat View Post
    Latest Telcowatch report, for the second quarter of 2020, Spark continue to lose ground in the NZ mobile market share (-2%) but Vodafone have slowed to .3% growth. Skinny made an 8% increase off a small base (all comparisons made are to the first quarter.) Vodafone still holding poll position with 36.4% market share, over Spark with 36.2%. The trend down for Spark continues (since early 2019) but these are not stellar numbers for Vodafone either - given the money they've thrown at the mobile market. Their reduced marketshare growth throughout the second quarter of 2020 must be of some concern for IFT.
    I think the key phrase here is Skinny having a small base, percentages fluctuate more off a low base.
    Also the big Two would have had their retail outlets closed due to covid, and the pandemic in general not an ideal time for growth.

vodaphone , trustpower , wellington airport earnings all under pressure , i expect it will re rate significantly down when the market bubble pops
    one step ahead of the herd

My 10yo son selected IFT as a place for half of his birthday money yesterday (other half was a huge nerf gun) I do like Sharesies as its got my kids interested in things financial

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    vodaphone , trustpower , wellington airport earnings all under pressure , i expect it will re rate significantly down when the market bubble pops
    Lets hope that they go down in share price, so I can snap some up. What is your fair value?

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Lets hope that they go down in share price, so I can snap some up. What is your fair value?
    the 30% correction earlier in the year gave you ift for $3 as an indication , i have no fair value on stock due to uncertainty of covid

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    the 30% correction earlier in the year gave you ift for $3 as an indication , i have no fair value on stock due to uncertainty of covid
    Fair comment. I did not invest at those levels as everything looked like a bargain. The only thing I did purchase was OCA at the low levels. If only we had a crystal ball with COVID

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Fair comment. I did not invest at those levels as everything looked like a bargain. The only thing I did purchase was OCA at the low levels. If only we had a crystal ball with COVID
    i didnt buy at the bottom either ,but i follow one of jessie livermore's saying in my strategy ... i never buy at what i think is the bottom and i always sell to soon