sharetrader
Page 194 of 339 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 3387

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Cant remember but it was at least two maybe 4 airports in UK, Europe that fizzled . Sold one for $1 or something , it cost me s/p wise so i dont forget. Ironically IFT looks to have performed better post the Lloyd Morrison days, he was a top guy, he would be at the doorway and shake hands with everyone at AGM's etc.RIP
    Glasgow, and one in kent that they sold for One pound. They lost around 20m nz from memory

A very pragmatic approach by two companies that are very long term orientated, this investor approves..

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Glasgow, and one in kent that they sold for One pound. They lost around 20m nz from memory
    That is one of the benefits of being big. You can make a few mistakes and they don't cripple you. I'm sure that not all of Apples acquisitions have been successes.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    That is one of the benefits of being big. You can make a few mistakes and they don't cripple you. I'm sure that not all of Apples acquisitions have been successes.
    Or mine ,just part of the risk,LTGTR

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Earlier than I thought something like this would happen.Must be some good upside in TILT over the next few years
    ift wanted the whole thing to themselves lol until mercury saw the upside and crashed the party. guess ift and mcy now are the ways for exposure to tlt
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    ift wanted the whole thing to themselves lol until mercury saw the upside and crashed the party. guess ift and mcy now are the ways for exposure to tlt
    Agree,think Trustpower a few years ago

Share buyback announced for up to 8.9% of issues shares over the next 11 months. Another abject waste of (shareholder) money or a good use of capital - a link to the DRP that may be reintroduced?

Quote Originally Posted by Pmdv77 View Post
    Share buyback announced for up to 8.9% of issues shares over the next 11 months. Another abject waste of (shareholder) money or a good use of capital - a link to the DRP that may be reintroduced?
    US share buy backs to top a trillion this year so must be a good idea?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

From one who would know?
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/31/warr...hoo&yptr=yahoo
    Presumably only a good use of capital if the company is well capitalized.
    IFT have continually had share buybacks approved but only buyback when market has deeply undervalued their share price.
    Smart move I would suggest particularly if we are ripe for a sell off in stock prices?
    A share buy back approval gives investors some confidence IFT share prce won't drop absurdly.
    Last edited by kiora; 03-09-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Veteran novice

They won't be reintroducing a DRP - to increase issued capital - at the same time as buying back shares - to reduce issued capital!