sharetrader
Page 196 of 341 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 3401

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Maybe a special dividend is on the cards
    They did discuss this option so I would not be surprised

Advanced Member

Strategic review of ANU student accommodation announced, because future opportunities in the sector have not materialised. Sounds like a sell off. Any thoughts about why no sector opportunities?

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Strategic review of ANU student accommodation announced, because future opportunities in the sector have not materialised. Sounds like a sell off. Any thoughts about why no sector opportunities?
    wasnt really performing so good to see they are looking to flick it
    one step ahead of the herd

Herbacious

There's lately been quite a bit in the way of funding cuts and freezes and so forth in the tertiary sector over there and enrolments are dropping quite substantially as a result I understand. They probably don't see the outlook as being anywhere near as good as it was when the acquired it (Rudd uncapped university places in 2009 which drove a lot of growth).

Does anyone have any thoughts on the half year results. On the whole it looks positive ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pmdv77 View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the half year results. On the whole it looks positive ?
    Hi Pmdv77 - yesa very good result for IFT. Good noises being made about ongoing dividendgrowth and an EBIT upgrade.

As ever with IFT the key is portfolio changes in the future to ensure ongoingdividend growth for investors along with capital appreciation. Despite IFT's efforts to convince the market otherwise the shares seemlike they'll always trade at a discount to the portfolio NAV. Current NAV of$4.75 according to IFT so around a 36% discount to current share price. Idon't have any sensible benchmarks to hand but a 36% discount to NAV seems highto me.

Strategic reviews underway for ANU, NZ Bus, Perth Energy investments. Whateverthe outcomes of those reviews I'd trust IFT to receive back at least currentbook value, for the three that totals $353m (though based on current earnings adiscount to BV is possible, esp for NZ Bus). Dundonnell will suck up atleast A$166 of that.

Dividend growth should be taken care of by ongoing growth I'd say. But, willthe existing debt facilties plus any net realized 'strategic review'proceeds plus ongoing operating earnings deliver ongoing capitalappreciation (or at least NAV growth)?

My money is on yes!

good result , i like that there more active in ditching poor returning units
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

My money is on yes too!

Advanced Member

This share is going well. One of my long longterm holds and it looks like plenty of interest with more than $6 million traded so far today

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    This share is going well. One of my long longterm holds and it looks like plenty of interest with more than $6 million traded so far today
    Not to put a dampener on anything...but is it not coming up to ex. dividend? Share price up to get divi then share price will go down again/