sharetrader
Page 190 of 341 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 3401

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    A subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Energy is providing the balance of the permanent financing.

Berkshire hathaway Energy is One of of around 66 subsidiary companies of Berkshire Hathaway. According to the article it is not even BH Energy that is providing the funding but a subsidiary of BF Energy which would make it a very distant relative and it is unlikely Buffet has anything to do with this deal or even knows of its existance. They probably finance hundreds of these projects
    That’s the spirit

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    A subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Energy is providing the balance of the permanent financing.

Berkshire hathaway Energy is One of of around 66 subsidiary companies of Berkshire Hathaway. According to the article it is not even BH Energy that is providing the funding but a subsidiary of BF Energy which would make it a very distant relative and it is unlikely Buffet has anything to do with this deal or even knows of its existance. They probably finance hundreds of these projects
    do you really believe Buffett got where he is by not knowing exactly what his companies are up too.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    do you really believe Buffett got where he is by not knowing exactly what his companies are up too.
    Yes, from what I have read about him he is now focused on the “big fish” and let’s his team of talented managers work without his interference.

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    Yes, from what I have read about him he is now focused on the “big fish” and let’s his team of talented managers work without his interference.
    if you read Berkshire Hathaways energy presentation they list berkshire hathaway as there competitive advantage in that BH provides most funding for deals , so i take that as BH would have a very keen interest in what is happening at BHE.

https://www.berkshirehathawayenergyc...esentation.pdf

notice ift still lagging the performance of some other utilities at the moment which have re rated up strongly last mth , catchup coming?

Guru

notice ift still lagging the performance of some other utilities at the moment which have re rated up strongly last mth , catchup coming?
    Ssssh,slow & steady

“The future grid will be underpinned by cheap wind and solar, with batteries and pumped hydro helping to smooth out the variability, and with gas acting as a fail-safe,” the Australian head of BNEF, Kobad Bhanvagri said

https://www.theage.com.au/business/the-economy/renewables-to-account-for-90-per-cent-of-all-australian-power-by-2050-says-new-report-20180619-p4zmcm.html

Shame nz wont have the gas as a back - up , we will have coal lol

Advanced Member

“The future grid will be underpinned by cheap wind and solar, with batteries and pumped hydro helping to smooth out the variability, and with gas acting as a fail-safe,” the Australian head of BNEF, Kobad Bhanvagri said

https://www.theage.com.au/business/the-economy/renewables-to-account-for-90-per-cent-of-all-australian-power-by-2050-says-new-report-20180619-p4zmcm.html

Shame nz wont have the gas as a back - up , we will have coal lol
    bull if you believe him may I direct you towards a company I like and can highly recommend. Genex Power (GNX.ASX). They are on track to deliver Australia's 4th Pumped Hydro Project together with Solar and Wind. Here a link to their latest presentation https://youtu.be/M19J1lf-SYc

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    bull if you believe him may I direct you towards a company I like and can highly recommend. Genex Power (GNX.ASX). They are on track to deliver Australia's 4th Pumped Hydro Project together with Solar and Wind. Here a link to their latest presentation https://youtu.be/M19J1lf-SYc
    Thx silu i had a quick look , not for me unfortunately as already have my quota in the sector

The substitute for gas will be fuel cells which means electricity can be stored. The cost of wind and solar is below the price charged to domestic customers now and still dropping .The gains are made when customers go off grid and no longer have line charges . That is happening to a very limited extent but will pick up.