sharetrader
Page 218 of 339 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 3387

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I guess there are clearly lots of synergies with both being utilities and having similar problems. Same customers, same databases, same geographical challenges ... Makes as well sense to dig a trench only once and put in fibre and power cables at the same time.

Question is - will the customer or the shareholder benefit from these synergies? Hopefully both ...
    electricity is a growth industry
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    electricity is a growth industry
    It may ... or it may not.

I think at this stage the jury is still out whether the increase of electrical vehicles (more electrical power required) will be larger than the impact of decentralised generation (less power purchased from gentailers) and the potential loss of some quite unsustainable industries (aluminium smelting) ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I think at this stage the jury is still out whether the increase of electrical vehicles (more electrical power required) will be larger than the impact of decentralised generation (less power purchased from gentailers) and the potential loss of some quite unsustainable industries (aluminium smelting) ...
    fair points but until solar for retail peoples becomes worth it wont happen , smelter always a risk of closing but if they did would just mean no new power stations needed which would be good for power company divs. the slack would probably be taken up by immigration growth over time

Guru

IFT were predicting increase of compounding 2-4?%/year due to economic growth.It has been flattish for last few years but does this mean there will be pent up demand coming on?
    It is going to be an essential service either way.
    https://www.transpower.co.nz/system-...tricity-demand

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    fair points but until solar for retail peoples becomes worth it wont happen , smelter always a risk of closing but if they did would just mean no new power stations needed which would be good for power company divs. the slack would probably be taken up by immigration growth over time
    Well, yes - at the moment neither electrical vehicles nor decentralised power supplies (solar or other alternatives) are really economical. However - I'd expect that both will have their break even at the same time, because they are both dependent on cheap and safe high capacity battery storage ...

And immigration growth? Labour governments in the past have been great in turning net immigration negative. They are driving more people away than they attract. I have no reason to doubt that they will do this this time as well.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

When are the new shares added? Applied online but not had any confirmation yet, other than the initial email response

Advanced Member

Technology changing rapidly, it could well be hydrogen powered cars that eventually emerge victorious

Blackpeter, are you saying aluminium production is an unsustainable industry or just that the nz smelter is not sustainable

blackpeter probably just annoyed never brought any , by the continued bearish commentary on the stock

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    When are the new shares added? Applied online but not had any confirmation yet, other than the initial email response
    Bookbuild being completed tonight, I assume we get our new shares tomorrow.