sharetrader
Page 199 of 339 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 3387

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    True - hindsight would be an excellent guide, if we could go back in time ;, but thanks for the reminder.

Looking however forward - it looks to me that the market overvalues IFT at the moment. SP is around analyst consensus, and analyst consensus is for my feeling anyway a bit high for this share. Average backward PE is 14, average forward PE is nearly 23. Growth (revenue and / or earnings) is not existent - and let's face it, which of their investments is likely to make in the short term outstanding capital gains? TPW is a boring gentailer and currently more at the upper price boundary. Their alternative energy investments may or may not bear fruit in a decade or two - and I never understood anyway what brought them into student accomodation. Does not sound like an easy money spinner to me. And their datacentres? Well, not that hard for competiton to build some as well if datacentres are the cash cows of the future (which I doubt).

So - sure, they will keep making some money, but to justify their current SP they would need plenty of sustainable growth. Not sure I see where this is supposed to come from.

I trust you are selling?
    stocks in an uptrend why sell? and they announced a strategic review of student acc likely result will sell as ift policy is no perform shown the door.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Aw Blackpeter, I remember you making the same investment case back when the stock was trending down back in late 2016. My only regret is not purchasing more at NZD 2.70
    Did I? I probably didn't had the benefit of hindsight ... ;

But look - I never predict where the SP will go - I only can comment on where I see value (and where not).

How do you make your investment decisions?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    stocks in an uptrend why sell? and they announced a strategic review of student acc likely result will sell as ift policy is no perform shown the door.
    I haven’t got time to post the details, but I’m pretty sure the PBSA asset has performed well, it’s more a case of the lack of similar investments available and therefore the limited ability to grow the asset class to a meaningful scale with respect of IFT overall portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    I haven’t got time to post the details, but I’m pretty sure the PBSA asset has performed well, it’s more a case of the lack of similar investments available and therefore the limited ability to grow the asset class to a meaningful scale with respect of IFT overall portfolio
    exactly they are no longer able to get the ift portfolio return required going forward

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Both AIA and RYM have provided long-term returns exceeding those from the NZX50.
    & Future growth will be .......?

new highs maybe a big round 4 coming

Maybe ...

However - market sentiment is now firmly in "greed" mode, RSI is moving close to 80 (overbought) and volume is dropping. Might not be the best time to buy ...
    ----

Maybe ...

However - market sentiment is now firmly in "greed" mode, RSI is moving close to 80 (overbought) and volume is dropping. Might not be the best time to buy ...
    sellers drying up market likes big round numbers lol amazing im talking like a bull

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    sellers drying up market likes big round numbers lol amazing im talking like a bull
    Well, yes - but volume keeps dropping and momentum seems to turn. SP broke out of the Bollinger bands - not sustainable. Might touch the next round number or not, but suppose down from there ...
    ----

Well, yes - but volume keeps dropping and momentum seems to turn. SP broke out of the Bollinger bands - not sustainable. Might touch the next round number or not, but suppose down from there ...
    IFT has a large percentage of public shareholders (something like 50%). Makes me wonder what is driving the speculation..