sharetrader
Page 222 of 339 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 3387

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    So a nice meeting in Napier tonight.
    Interesting to hear that Tim believes the company could be worth north of $5.50 if they put all of Infratil's assets on the market and paid of debts. So that was some assurance. Otherwise it was business as usual and great things for the horizon.

IFT believe that Vodafone and Spark will unite to put 5G together for NZ otherwise it would be very expensive. What was quite interesting was there comparison of 4G and 5G. The slide was sort of showing us the size of the Earth as 4G and the size of the Sun was 5G in limitations. When 5G happens expect we could expect big things, Tim indicated. Otherwise they mentioned they were most likely not going to change the basic ways how Vodafone works (if they end up owning it), but how they will offer existing customers other add ons. The indication I had was that IFT will leave more money into it rather than strip it purely for dividends.

Canberra Data Centre seems to be ticking along quite nicely with contracts already in for leasing, so their major problem was constructing them, as the leases were already signed.

The Retire Australia I was not too sure about as Tim mentioned they (all Australian retirement sectors) had some bad rap in the media and house prices were lower which in turn affected their return. But he remained positive for the future.

Longrun was ticking along nicely with future programs in place which will be done when it suits them.

The assets which IFT have sold will be used to inject into Vodafone as the company needs investment. IFT are very happy with the Vodafone management.

They spoke about a few other things, but the brain can only retain so much information.
    thx looks like vodaph wont be a Z thing but a core position in there portfolio.
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    thx looks like vodaph wont be a Z thing but a core position in there portfolio.
    They only want to have roughly 25% of their portfolio in growth. So you are correct about Vodafone.

Guru

In case you have missed it
    Valuation of parts $5.70/share
    Buy back up to 20,000,000 shares up to $5
    Seems to make sense

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    In case you have missed it
    Valuation of parts $5.70/share
    Buy back up to 20,000,000 shares up to $5
    Seems to make sense
    nice and the PE of 134 looks reasonable and will lower over time
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Thanks JT for your posting
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpW9JcWxKq0

Vodafone nicely placed to be the conduit

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/338751

I hope Morrison and Co rightfully take a bath on their bonuses after booking this loss...

Advanced Member

I can smell $5 per share approaching. I am holding, but would not be buying at these levels.

The trouble is everything is so high and the savings accont is paying 0.1%. Glad I have invested for so long

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    The trouble is everything is so high and the savings accont is paying 0.1%. Glad I have invested for so long
    A tricky case for the baby boomers who have lots of cash in saving at the moment eh. But then again they probably don't have to worry the ups and downs of Mr market.
    Last edited by longy; 09-08-2019 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I can smell $5 per share approaching. I am holding, but would not be buying at these levels.
    That rights offer when they bought Vodafone was great, wish we were offered more.