Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
True - hindsight would be an excellent guide, if we could go back in time ;, but thanks for the reminder.

Looking however forward - it looks to me that the market overvalues IFT at the moment. SP is around analyst consensus, and analyst consensus is for my feeling anyway a bit high for this share. Average backward PE is 14, average forward PE is nearly 23. Growth (revenue and / or earnings) is not existent - and let's face it, which of their investments is likely to make in the short term outstanding capital gains? TPW is a boring gentailer and currently more at the upper price boundary. Their alternative energy investments may or may not bear fruit in a decade or two - and I never understood anyway what brought them into student accomodation. Does not sound like an easy money spinner to me. And their datacentres? Well, not that hard for competiton to build some as well if datacentres are the cash cows of the future (which I doubt).

So - sure, they will keep making some money, but to justify their current SP they would need plenty of sustainable growth. Not sure I see where this is supposed to come from.

I trust you are selling?
stocks in an uptrend why sell? and they announced a strategic review of student acc likely result will sell as ift policy is no perform shown the door.