sharetrader
Page 101 of 339 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3387

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    DB says NTA @ 2.50 ... SP @ 1.72 ... Yeild 3.6% ... IFT buying back its own ... Gotta love how the market thinks sometimes. ...

Quite clearly IFT is just too boring to invest in!
    NTA nowhere near that level...

IFT is an interesting one

Has some great investments (Welly Airport, TPW and maybe Greenstone and maybe IEA).

It also has some poor ones - the rest.

It has quite a bit of debt

And it has a very expensive management contract to Morrison & Co. Which is why the value of the company doesn't get close to the value of the underlying assets.

Morrison and Co's fees in recent years have in now way justified the performance they have given (Greenstone and IEA investment may prove me wrong though).

IFT's wonderful long -term performance has been 90% driven by TPW's performance (which you could have had by just owning TPW and not incurring all the IFT expenses on top).

Best IFT investment currently is IFTHA which is yielding 8.5% and will deliver a very strong capital gain if the 1 year swap rate ever rises.

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    DB says NTA @ 2.50 ... SP @ 1.72 ... Yeild 3.6% ... IFT buying back its own ... Gotta love how the market thinks sometimes. ...

Quite clearly IFT is just too boring to invest in!
    Would be interested to here a TA guru's perspective on IFT at present...

Quote Originally Posted by mr.needs View Post
    Would be interested to here a TA guru's perspective on IFT at present...
    I'm not a guru as shown by my last TA post in this thread where I identified a triangle that broke to the upside but failed to deliver

I've used a weekly candlestick chart since late 2007
    We had the downtrend, which seems to have abated since the hammer candle and the 1.40 all time low in the week of 26th Feb 2009.
    Now we have a triangle forming , a lengthy period of compression... which could potentially resolve either way.
    These last three weeks are encouraging and theres a lot of support now at the 1.50-60 level but if there is an uptrend its still quite fresh and unproven. (But at least we dont have a down trend)
    RSI is heading towards the 70 level but not overbought. Notice the RSI divergence at the end of the downtrend where price was still falling but RSI trend was rising
    Verdict : Encouraging right now but unproven, and probably just a bore and tease (inefficient allocation of capital). But that said I'm happy to continue to hold as a stabilizing influence on my portfolio. Despite having smart modern finance techniques behind it (which adds risk imo) being involved in infrastucture is going to have a constraining and stabilizing effect kind of like a utility stock
    My strategy before I add any more would be to let it break out and then buy on pullbacks towards current price. Absolute lowest stop for me would be a weekly close below 1.40.

In case the words in this picture are unclear heres a link to a better quality picture
    http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/5...ly10092010.png
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

increased volume on tuesday and today - both days over 2.5m

trend developing further definitely testing the upper compression zone.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    increased volume on tuesday and today - both days over 2.5m

trend developing further definitely testing the upper compression zone.
    Things are slowly ticking away with IFT. Interesting to see where things have come in the two weeks since your previous post peat. Are we seeing a breakout from the triangle formation?

Meanwhile, IFZ having somewhat lacklustre performance on the ASX!

Advanced Member

Am a happy holder. OBV and depth buy/sell ratio will probably be enough to impel me to add more.

What has changed so much of late for a radical rating change? Have I missed something..

Advanced Member

Nothing , just better financial markets have made the squiggly lines point upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Nothing , just better financial markets have made the squiggly lines point upwards.
    Haha nicely put

Advanced Member

Default IFT Chart.

IFT remains in the trading range that it has been in for a long time. On Friday IFT closed at a previous resistance level, but a break above this should not generate excitement. A break above $1.85, though, would mean the end of the trading range and the end of a downtrend that has run for years.

Note the (unconfirmed) "buy" signal at the trendline break (green arrow). A reminder (just in case you needed one) that the break of a downward trendline does not necessarily mean the beginning of an uptrend or even the end of the downtrend.

The 3 plots at the top of the chart are commonly used volume indicators. What is interesting here is just how different they are. Right now the OBV is rising, the Williams' A/D is flat and the A/D is falling. Which one are we to believe? Given such a variation, the answer is none of them. Nevertheless with IFT over the past few years it is quite obvious that the Williams' version of the A/D oscillator has proved to be superior to the OBV that I generally use.

Personally, I am very happy to be out of IFT at the moment. There is no telling how long it will continue to crab sideways like this.