sharetrader
Page 109 of 341 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 3405

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Veteran novice

Rather surprising that Morrisons/IFT would be interested in another airport given their experiences with Prestwick and Manston. I suppose they know what they'e doing but then, I would have said that about P and M too!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    How anyone could like Heathrow is beyond me. I fly to schipol , then take a flybe flight to Exeter , just so i can avoid going to Heathrow
    I never had the trouble people complained about (always travelled carry on only) and being a kiwi on OE, lived in teh SW of London so it was closest. Getting to Stanstead would take me longer than most flights. Ironcially, one of the only flights I did take from Stanstead ( a charter flight), all 200 of us had to exit the plane and identify our bags as they had packed one more than the manifest said.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Rather surprising that Morrisons/IFT would be interested in another airport given their experiences with Prestwick and Manston. I suppose they know what they'e doing but then, I would have said that about P and M too!
    They also own Wellington which is going ok.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

wouldnt think stanstead would be a good buy. With ryanair the dominant player opportunity to ratcht fees as per wellington will not exist. I hope they know what they are doing on this one. Not a shareholder anymore anyway

Veteran novice

I see that Morrisons/Infratil are playing down their interest in Stansted - but then they would, I suppose!

I agree with modandm. Stansted isn't a quasi monopoly like Wellington airport - give or take the possibility of Paraparumu ever threatening its position - but more a regional airport heavily dependent on one particular airline. Not attractive therefore, IMO.

Veteran novice

Seems that IFT havn't given up interest in Stansted airport. Personally, I'd rather they concentrated on those "more convincing opportunities closer to home."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...ext-UK-airport
    Last edited by macduffy; 13-11-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Veteran novice

A recent snippet in the AFR speculated that Morrisons/Infratil were showing interest in EnviroWaste - NZ's second biggest waste management firm after Transpacific and whose assets include the Hampton Downs landfill. I can't find anything recent in NZ media but a NZ Herald article back in May raised the possibility of private equity owners Ironbridge Finance looking to sell either by trade sale or IPO.

Any thoughts out there?

1stly its Ironbridge Capital
    a few thoughts come to mind:

1. IB must be looking for some realisations (haven't had many in fund II) so the firm Enviro could def be on the block

2. IB also own GRL and a few years ago lost the bidding for another big aussie waste co - idea to create a larger player and sell off

maybe they don't see more opportunities.

3. IB won't be selling cheap - it would be a fair price so unless IFT can access some more favourable debt at the parent level I feel it would be hard for the deal to add value for IFT shareholders.

Veteran novice

The Daily Telegraph reckons that Morrisons/Infratil have withdrawn from bidding for Stansted Airport after failing to obtain financial backing.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/world...109-2cfwi.html

Some nice gains lately. Rumour in the nz herald about Z float. Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Scrappy O if was any good why would they want to sell it (Z)
    Possum The Cat