sharetrader
Page 110 of 341 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 3401

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    Scrappy O if was any good why would they want to sell it (Z)
    You could argue they bought more as a Private Equity fund. Buy cheap off someone who wants to sell quickly, rebrand and increase sales, then sell. Look at the criticism at the time of purchase - petrol is a low margin/low growth business - which doesn't suit IFT investment ethos.

However, for those wanting a constant dividend stream greater than the bank rate (oldies and kiwisaver funds), then it is a good investment.

Partial float seems reasonable. Would the SuperFund also want to lock in some gains at the same time?
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

I've always thought that Z fits really well into IFT's infrastructural sector position, and while it may be relatively low growth I still view it as having good potential for increasing market share based on the patriotic spend.
    The new branding and service quality improvements are excellent from my personal experience.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Veteran novice

I'll be interested to see some market share numbers for Z in due course.

Being an IFT shareholder and a "sometime" FlyBuys cardholder, I bought my fuel at Shell/Z for many years until I discovered that AA membership offers 6c pl discount at BP with a minimum of fuss. So unless I happen to get the occasional more valuable coupon from Countdown, we buy the family fuel for 2 cars from BP. A pity, really, as the service from Z stations is usually superior, in my experience, but money talks!

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I'll be interested to see some market share numbers for Z in due course.

Being an IFT shareholder and a "sometime" FlyBuys cardholder, I bought my fuel at Shell/Z for many years until I discovered that AA membership offers 6c pl discount at BP with a minimum of fuss. So unless I happen to get the occasional more valuable coupon from Countdown, we buy the family fuel for 2 cars from BP. A pity, really, as the service from Z stations is usually superior, in my experience, but money talks!

Hey. That's exactly what's happened to my fuel buying habits. - - And I wonder how many thousands more. I wonder what Z is doing to ensure it upholds, or increases market share!!!
    Romer

Guru

In our area Z is 2c cheaper so ends up the same price as BP after the discount.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    In our area Z is 2c cheaper so ends up the same price as BP after the discount.
    Oh. I guess that makes good business sense, make your money in Auckland and don't worry about what's happening in the South Island

Guru

Actually today BP is 213.9/litre and Z is 207.9/litre.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Unhappy So long old friend

I have just sold the last of my IFT shares, 1800 of which were the oldest shares I still owned in anything. I bought these way back in Jan 05.

Now where to put the proceeds?

Still have some RYM (current longest hold) and some NPT from before the GFC.

Best wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 19-04-2013 at 02:50 PM. Reason: found the buy post
    om mani peme hum

Good read if anyone is wanting an update on what Infratil might be up to in the future: http://www.infratil.com/assets/Uploa..._april2013.pdf

Does anyone have any idea what sum IFT are likely to realise from the Z float? Currently their 090 bonds
    are maturing 2020 at 8.5% coupon totalling $80m. The latest news released by IFT gives no clue of course
    how the funds from the Z float would be utilised. It occurs to me one course they may consider is to retire
    the 090 bonds and save a heap of interest payments. This is all conjecture and dependent on their capital
    requirement for any projects they have targetted. They are currently trying to get a new issue June 2022
    bonds off the ground a 8.5% to replace Sept. 2013 maturing(8.%% coupon) so apparently no problem in
    going for new issues at lower rates. Makes sense to me. Any other views out there.