sharetrader
Page 121 of 340 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3399

Thread: IFT - Infratil

This was not a deal for the little guy eh? Big holders were able to flog off large parcels without driving down the price while they off loaded - and the remaining shareholders pay for it.
    Infratil explained this tender process as a way to create a "liquidity event" Yeah right.
    Last edited by psychic; 05-12-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    I was thinking about jumping out, but I missed the whole thing.

I've gotta say there's been some funny decisions lately. I'm in it for the infrastructure part of my portfolio and found the MET purchase to be somewhat outside of where I thought their business model sat. I've already got SUM and I don't want to double up, plus I don't believe MET to be a great investment. The Airport for $1 was a bit of a slap in the face.

I'm generally confused about their strategic direction and was considering moving on at a good price. But now will look to hold for a bit longer as a confuzzled shareholder.
    Totally agree. Then the Aussie funding deal with Leightons. Diworsification as Peter Lynch calls it.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic View Post
    Totally agree. Then the Aussie funding deal with Leightons. Diworsification as Peter Lynch calls it.
    On the plus, if the whole water irrigation thing plays out well then I'm happy about that, but I cant pick them at the moment, which I find both confusing and a bit of a worry.

Dont worry fellows. Go and buy some more and lower your average share cost price. Not a big deal for long term holders

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Or, shareholders hoping to arbitrage the situation by selling to a "willing" buyer and looking to buy back once the buying pressure subsides.
    I was wondering if it was the other way around. Traders buying in, pushing up the price, expecting to be able to sell at up to $2.60, and then flooding the Stand, so having to bail out at a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    I was wondering if it was the other way around. Traders buying in, pushing up the price, expecting to be able to sell at up to $2.60, and then flooding the Stand, so having to bail out at a loss.
    never a truer word said....

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Perhaps, but I wouldn't have thought that the volumes indicate that. The company has bought back 24m shares but less than 4m were traded on the market today.

$680k went through after close of market ... what exactly is going on with this stock...??
    I cant pick it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    $680k went through after close of market ... what exactly is going on with this stock...??
    I cant pick it.
    Before the buy back IFT was trading in the $2.40's. Since the buy back, it has been trading in the $2.20's. It looks like the buy back did nothing for the share price. Part of the reason may be that its main investment, TPW is in a currently unloved "politicised" sector in an election year.

IFT was hoping to get a stake in TPI NZ but missed out today to the Chinese. IFT sp gained a couple of cents on the news. Did the market think that IFT had a lucky escape?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Before the buy back IFT was trading in the $2.40's. Since the buy back, it has been trading in the $2.20's. It looks like the buy back did nothing for the share price. Part of the reason may be that its main investment, TPW is in a currently unloved "politicised" sector in an election year.

IFT was hoping to get a stake in TPI NZ but missed out today to the Chinese. IFT sp gained a couple of cents on the news. Did the market think that IFT had a lucky escape?
    Personally I would have liked to see them acquire it. I'm a bit stumped with the others lately, but this seemed to line up with their portfolio nicely, never mind.