sharetrader
Page 122 of 341 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 3401

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    Personally I would have liked to see them acquire it. I'm a bit stumped with the others lately, but this seemed to line up with their portfolio nicely, never mind.
    I was broadly in favour of the TPI purchase too. Perhaps IFT was not willing to stump up with as much as the Chinese. It would have been good for IFT to do a Z Energy style turn around with Waste Management with an eventual refloat on the NZX. I see TPI.AX sp is up a tad against a falling market- so it appears the market is please with the price they got for Waste Management NZ.

I wonder what will happen with MET? Will there be a further buy in at some stage? Maybe they just saw an undervalued company in a growth sector with potential.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 03-03-2014 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Added TPI.AX price comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I was broadly in favour of the TPI purchase too. Perhaps IFT was not willing to stump up with as much as the Chinese. It would have been good for IFT to do a Z Energy style turn around with Waste Management with an eventual refloat on the NZX.

I wonder what will happen with MET? Will there be a further buy in at some stage? Maybe they just saw an undervalued company in a growth sector with potential.
    Surely aye if they want to pull the 'Lets get our change managers in there, shake it up, and make it a well functioning business" to then sell forward.
    Otherwise I don't quite see why they've purchased it, not the most logical match for what they've already got, but compared to SUM and RYM it does look like its management component is the weaker of the three.

Yeah disappointing about TPI, not sure what the market knows that we don't as to why losing this bid was sooo positive (largest movement on the stock for a while).

Guru

Look at the MET thread. Good growth Sector but historically managed poorly. They need to improve management, increase the build rate and bring the development inhouse (aka Rym model). IFT should cause this to happen. With superfunds voting block, they have effective control so no need to increase further - share the risk but share the gains.

Guru

I was broadly in favour of the TPI purchase too. Perhaps IFT was not willing to stump up with as much as the Chinese.
    Hard to beat the chinese when they want something with there big pockets, cheap debt and they can (legitimately???) structure so they never pay tax as they have done with the Wellington Electricity Network.

And you as a NZ taxpayer get ripped off. Nz companies cannot compete to buy NZ assets as they are discriminated against by the NZ Govt. Isn't time we woke up

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    And you as a NZ taxpayer get ripped off. Nz companies cannot compete to buy NZ assets as they are discriminated against by the NZ Govt. Isn't time we woke up
    same the world over. NZ rules actually quite good as we can't control what happens overseas.

I'm sure IFT used all the tricks in the books when it bought those dud airports, and TPW when it builds stuff in Ozzie.

Looks like ACC is buying up while its still unusually low;
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/IFT/announcements/248352

Quote Originally Posted by Mista_Trix View Post
    Looks like ACC is buying up while its still unusually low;
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/IFT/announcements/248352
    very inconsiderate of them to jump queue while I am still waiting for my order at $2.20 to be completed ...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    very inconsiderate of them to jump queue while I am still waiting for my order at $2.20 to be completed ...
    Infratil has been in the doldrums due to its TPW holding I think....the ACC increase is a vote of confidence.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 18-03-2014 at 01:56 PM.