sharetrader
Page 124 of 339 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 3387

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Guru

From memory, and I might be wrong because I cant find it, IFT put out a presentation where they valued all their subsidiaries, and in particular noted a EBITDA multiple for NZBus which is one of the few investments they have that is recorded at historical cost and has no identifiable market value or industry comparatives.

Does anyone remember that presentation and can point me to it?
    Does anyone have a market value for NZBus and how have you valued it?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...-for-PayGlobal

didnt relise - The largest shareholder in PayGlobal is infrastructure investor Infratil and according to Companies Office records owns 54 per cent of PayGlobal. The investment dates from the early 2000s.

So if MYOB is so interested in this asset why hasnt infratil looked at floating this company as it must have appeal?
    one step ahead of the herd

Veteran novice

So if MYOB is so interested in this asset why hasnt infratil looked at floating this company as it must have appeal?
    It doesn't automatically follow. Owners of successful businesses don't need the restrictions of exchange listing - unless, of course, they can't raise sufficient working capital otherwise - or they want to cash out!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...-for-PayGlobal

didnt relise - The largest shareholder in PayGlobal is infrastructure investor Infratil and according to Companies Office records owns 54 per cent of PayGlobal. The investment dates from the early 2000s.

Wonder how big it is. Would be in their books at historical cost so probably gets lost in the rounding. No 8 Ventures has spun out to investors so a compliance listing would be an obvious alternative if t was worth a decent amount.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    It doesn't automatically follow. Owners of successful businesses don't need the restrictions of exchange listing - unless, of course, they can't raise sufficient working capital otherwise - or they want to cash out!

listing the stock would free up cash and the remaining holding could be end up being worth considerably more than the total value now - isnt that what infratil stated in there latest results they want to do is create value for shareholders from realising and selling some of there current investments?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Not necessarily IFT but other holders such as the No8 Ventures investors and K1W1 would probably want to recycle their investment into other companies.

THis really shows the failure of the NZAX. Hopefully the NZGX is better.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Not necessarily IFT but other holders such as the No8 Ventures investors and K1W1 would probably want to recycle their investment into other companies.

THis really shows the failure of the NZAX. Hopefully the NZGX is better.
    Really?

Perhaps the owners of PayGlobal see further potential in their company and don't wish to share the spoils via the market at this stage. The NZX may not be the smartest exchange in the world but not every successful business wants to become a listed company.

Positive announcements recently from some of infratils investments - trustpower upgrade earnings for next yr cause snowtown coming on line , metlifecare upgrade earnings this morning for next yr.

I think they will do well long term from wellington airport upgrade, nz bus though i dont like as dont see much earnings growth or return from that investment and z energy is lmited in growth and mature investment hpoefully they sell out? and re-invest in something better although divs are alright

breaking thru 61.8% retracement from recent down trend if holds may go top of range 2.5 - 2.55 - div ex on tuesday 7c

Advanced Member

I'm backing Infratil to do very well over the next few months. In fact I have accumulated quite a lot (for the size of my portfolio) over the last few weeks.