sharetrader
Page 133 of 339 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 3387

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    http://home.nzcity.co.nz/finance/art...206985&cat=976

"Infratil expects to sell down its stake in the now completed Snowtown wind power project in South Australia to fund other emerging renewable energy opportunities in Australia.

At a briefing after the release of Infratil's annual earnings for the year ended March 31, chief executive Marko Bogoievski has described the sale of Snowtown as "Plan A" for pursuing other Australian renewables projects.

Infratil's stake in Snowtown is through its 68 per cent ownership of power company TrustPower.

Even with the Abbott government's decision to reduce its renewable generation target from 41,000 Gigawatt hours to 33,000GWh, Australia would still be 17,000GWh short of the new target, which was "more than enough for Trustpower to get a couple of projects away", Mr Bogoievski said.

Tauranga-based TrustPower has some 475 Megawatts of installed renewable generation capacity in Australia, 1280MW of projects in the consenting phase, and another 750MW of identified developments.

"At a minimum you would expect Snowtown to be available for sale to fund the next development," Mr Bogoievski said.

The 270MW Snowtown project cost $A430 million ($NZ466m) to build but had recently been revalued at $A730m.

"Right now, Plan A is sale of assets in Australia. A lot of the development margin is earned already," he said.

"The only thing that that forces on the (Infratil) group is a sequential view about developing our pipeline," Mr Bogoievski said, referring to the range of other investment opportunities the infrastructure portfolio owner owns across energy, transport, retirement and commercial property assets in both New Zealand and Australia."
    http://www.infratil.com/infratil-new...resentation-2/

nice result, like my previous posts still not a big fan of nz bus probably wellington makes me think like that
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    nice result, like my previous posts still not a big fan of nz bus probably wellington makes me think like that
    Is that a dig against Wellington?!?!

I live here and those guys have a practical monopoly on the public transport - except of course the trains (which are so stop and start there's no point). Anyone East, South or West of the CBD would use Wellington Bus, its incredibly reliable and the routes connect up most of the city. It doesn't have the 'bus wierdos' vibe that most other cities seem to have. I know of a number of CEOs who still choose to travel by bus.

You may have picked up on this, there's quite a staunch bus culture in Wellington - and they're taking advantage of it.

Guru

Buses companies are cashcows. Provided the competition isnt to great when the tender rounds are done, you get an almost guaranteed level of cashflow everyday. Sure the opportunity for growth might not be there (especially if Auckland Transport takes the benefit of increased growth in the proposed PTOM contracts) but still great cashflow.

Not the best when Wellington Council pulls the plug on electric buses just a few years after a 20 year refit of your fleet but generally its good. Watch out for AT plans for light rail in Auckland as that could displace a lot of buses as well that would need to be redeployed/sold.

Advanced Member

IFT keeps searching for new all time high. Sellers almost disappeared. Any opinions from chartists?

breaking out from trading range to upside looks good , they own some of z so after todays z announcement will rub of on ift as well
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

breaking out from trading range to upside looks good , they own some of z so after todays z announcement will rub of on ift as well
    Oh yeah missed that - thanks. For those interested
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11458052

Advanced Member

Oh yeah missed that - thanks. For those interested
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11458052

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post

Long term IMHO IFT steady 17 % PA long term return with plenty in pipe line and low gearing; Disc held long term , beats the 'long shots' ??? You can afford to borrow to buy this one to increase the return on your investment.

Special Dividend ! bugger for another problem! Do I pay off some of the mortgage or reinvest ???
    Well well glass is half full

Hi guys. It looks like Origin is very likely to sell Contact energy shares. Do you think IFT could buy them? or let Trustpower buy them?