sharetrader
Page 135 of 340 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 3399

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    They are looking at Pacific Hydro in Australia which given it is worth over a Billion, would probably need to be another JV (with the Superfund?).
    That's interesting. They are raising another bond issue which will bring them up to $150m (although there is a bond that matures in November). That plus the ZEL sale will give them $500m+ - perhaps enough for a half share of Pacific Hydro...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    That's interesting. They are raising another bond issue which will bring them up to $150m (although there is a bond that matures in November). That plus the ZEL sale will give them $500m+ - perhaps enough for a half share of Pacific Hydro...
    Don't forget the IFT balance sheet is still under geared after the sale of Infratil Energy Australia last year. They could do a $1bln acquisition on their own but agree a JV more likely...

Just tried to get an allocation, and my broker won't even send me a hard copy of the application form, my printer is broken so I can't print and scan it.
    I usually find them helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Don't forget the IFT balance sheet is still under geared after the sale of Infratil Energy Australia last year. They could do a $1bln acquisition on their own but agree a JV more likely...
    that's the other thing they said at the presentation when they said might sell z that there balance sheet could easily handle a 1 billion purchase and they had a number of things they were looking at
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

And the share price drops,go figure

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    They are looking at Pacific Hydro in Australia which given it is worth over a Billion, would probably need to be another JV (with the Superfund?).
    Looks like it
    http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/infrati...hydro-b-179495

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    And the share price drops,go figure
    ZEL had been a nice little earner. I guess that there is now risk that whatever they do with the proceeds from ZEL and the bond issue will not earn as much.

ZEL had been a nice little earner. I guess that there is now risk that whatever they do with the proceeds from ZEL and the bond issue will not earn as much.
    and that is where you have to keep the faith.
    These guys are good dealmakers... the evidence is overwhelming.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    and that is where you have to keep the faith.
    These guys are good dealmakers... the evidence is overwhelming.
    Indeed, I have had IFT for a long time and have had a good return over the years. However not all their investments have performed as they would have liked - ergo there is always risk when undertaking a new investment especially if it is a switch from an (historcally) high performing investment. In addition, I think IFT may have sold ZEL preemptively to lock in their profits from ZEL before a period of uncertainty for that company with the ComCom roulette wheel.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 02-10-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Guru

Which new deal ? With plenty of fire power there are opportunities.We can be sure they know either space well.It made 5? times its original investment with Z.With an estimate of a $1b new investment all the best for another good run
    http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/market-...drops-b-179609
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sharemarke...522346&ref=rss
    Last edited by kiora; 02-10-2015 at 09:42 PM.