sharetrader
Page 136 of 339 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 3387

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Indeed, I have had IFT for a long time and have had a good return over the years. However not all their investments have performed as they would have liked - ergo there is always risk when undertaking a new investment especially if it is a switch from an (historcally) high performing investment. In addition, I think IFT may have sold ZEL preemptively to lock in their profits from ZEL before a period of uncertainty for that company with the ComCom roulette wheel.
    Bingo, and there you have it imo, the astute take profits in times of uncertainty and apply those yields in due course to new opportunities as they arise in the future. We investors might take a closer look at what motivates these macro movements in astute investors portfolios, it's like following the money versus swimming against the tide.

Jmho, dyodd. Not a holder, patient watcher.
    BAA

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Bingo, and there you have it imo, the astute take profits in times of uncertainty and apply those yields in due course to new opportunities as they arise in the future. We investors might take a closer look at what motivates these macro movements in astute investors portfolios, it's like following the money versus swimming against the tide.

Jmho, dyodd. Not a holder, patient watcher.
    BAA

I got sick of watching and jumped in today after missing out on Friday. Looks to have fairly good div. yield. Or is it good because of special div?

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I got sick of watching and jumped in today after missing out on Friday. Looks to have fairly good div. yield. Or is it good because of special div?
    They paid an ordinary final dividend of 8 cents and a special dividend of 6.4 cents per share (both fully imputed) on June 15.

Nicely timed exit IMHO. I suspect Z are up against it with their Caltex acquisition. All and sundry seem to be quoting competition issues. If the Comcom has any real balls they'll block this as its patently obvious to any motorist we need more fuel competition not less. The cosy oligopoly the fuel companies enjoy with their current structure surely cannot be allowed to get any closer too what in many parts of the country would then amount to a duopoly. Surely common sense applies and this is blocked ? I reckon IFT comes out of this smelling of roses.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-10-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Advanced Member

Don't you just love investments that are relatively low risk and give you good returns? Maybe I'm too positive about IFT but in 2013 it was way too undervalued and presented a great medium to longterm opportunity.

HY results (interim dividend has been increased to 5.25 cents per share)
    https://nzx.com/companies/IFT/announcements/273179
    Last edited by silu; 11-11-2015 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Don't you just love investments that are relatively low risk and give you good returns? Maybe I'm too positive about IFT but in 2013 it was way too undervalued and presented a great medium to longterm opportunity.

HY results (interim dividend has been increased to 5.25 cents per share)
    https://nzx.com/companies/IFT/announcements/273179
    Quite a good result. Steady as she goes.

nice performer
    one step ahead of the herd

in the presentation, they did put a graph for special div for full year 2015. Interesting. or maybe i get it wrong?

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by babymonster View Post
    in the presentation, they did put a graph for special div for full year 2015. Interesting. or maybe i get it wrong?
    The special dividend of 6.4cps was paid in June 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    The special dividend of 6.4cps was paid in June 2015.
    oh, i was wrong then...