sharetrader
Page 139 of 341 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 3401

Thread: IFT - Infratil

The facts are that I know at least 2 parties who have built solar in the last 2-3 years that have got payback in 4 years. The fallacy in the arguments of the electricity industry is that they assume that domestic customers are being charged fairly which they are not . There is very little competition in the industry and there never will be ,. The IFT paper is straight PR hype . Overseas , India,Australia ,Europe solar is cheaper than any other form of generation and what is more its costs are declining. The old electricity Industry is like the coal industry . A cash cow being overtaken by technology and burying its head in the sand. Make your choice on where to invest but I'm not going there.

Is anyone buying at $3.1?

IFT has been dropping lately and seems to be a good price for this stock or is there something else causing the drop (outside of current market volatility).

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnluangco View Post

IFT has been dropping lately and seems to be a good price for this stock or is there something else causing the drop (outside of current market volatility).
    Fwiw Morningstar changed their recommendation to 'accumulate' today due to recent sp weakness.

Normally I do the opposite of what morningstar says, which is usually all its good for. Today however, I bought back into IFT as a small, long term holding. I think now is a nice price to accumulate, but there'll probably be a better entry point in the future (within the next few years).

Things effecting IFT at the moment are improvements in traffic through Wellington airport and the probable loss of snapper (not a bad thing as it currently losses a small amount of money). I couldn't comment on the state of the electricity side of the business, perhaps someone like Jantar or Percy might be able to enlighten...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by johnluangco View Post

Seller arriving late most days Utilico continuing to sell down???

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Is this bus situation cause for any concern?

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/5...-infratil.html

I never felt like it was one of their better bets.

Also what's happened with Skypath?

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    Is this bus situation cause for any concern?

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/5...-infratil.html

I never felt like it was one of their better bets.

Also what's happened with Skypath?
    Interesting bit out of a recent ACT newsletter (by David Seymour):

A Case in Point
    Go Bus, an iwi-owned transport company, has just won a major contract to run buses in South Auckland. They have succeeded in part because Trust ownership and the 17.5 per cent Maori Authority tax rate gives them a competitive advantage over businesses paying 28 per cent on income. Imagine giving all New Zealand companies that advantage against their global competitors.
    Not sure whether NZ bus is the better company - but if our system requires them to fight with one hand tied to the back against Maori companies who have to pay less taxes, than it is no wonder they lost this contract ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Overdue for a bit of a run?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Overdue for a bit of a run?
    Good aye. Had some for sale at 3.265, but put it back to 3.49, and a div due soon.
    Last edited by see weed; 24-03-2016 at 11:18 AM.