sharetrader
Page 146 of 341 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3401

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Pretty solid result and pretty handy dividend
    http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...=NZSE&N=282554
    Me happy with that, and the $2.95c+ buy up a few months ago

good result, but never been a fan of nz bus
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    good result, but never been a fan of nz bus
    So NZ bus is why you wouldn't buy?Will new electric buses give them /not give them a competitive advantage?
    Interesting where does NZ bus sit in the overall context of the overall results anyway???
    19%Compounding return year in year out for IFT in my view not too shaby.
    Future looks well embedded and planed.
    http://www.4-traders.com/INFRATIL-LT...631/consensus/

A low stress hold not having need to trade year in year out and so I'm letting this good one run on.
    Last edited by kiora; 18-05-2016 at 11:41 AM.

Veteran novice

I'd go so far as to call it an excellent result, given recent mediocre business conditions. Any company that improves it's performance this year is doing well, IMO.

I'd agree that NZ Bus isn't the star of the show and don't expect that it ever will be - but it's a minor part of the portfolio.

Disc: One of my bigger and oldest holdings.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I'd go so far as to call it an excellent result, given recent mediocre business conditions. Any company that improves it's performance this year is doing well, IMO.

I'd agree that NZ Bus isn't the star of the show and don't expect that it ever will be - but it's a minor part of the portfolio.

Disc: One of my bigger and oldest holdings.
    When IFT entered into the provision of public transport services, the Passenger Transport Management Act and its successor the Passenger Transport Operating Model didn't exist. IFT were upbeat about the possibility to grow commercial services as they saw fit, however these two acts have successively stifled that possibility.

NZ Bus is now also facing increasing competition from Go Bus, with a lower cost structure which other commercial companies will be unable to replicate. It will be interesting to see if the business is sold in the coming years.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Wow that is a good fit when tied to renewable energy wind farms which is what data center users are looking for.Its a beauty with increasing demand. Marko indicated at investor presentation they look for 10 times increase in value when looking at new investments.Happy with that
    Last edited by kiora; 19-05-2016 at 09:00 AM.

For those of you like me who don't know much about data centres I found this; Data Centers are like hotels. You rent a room (server) for as long as you need to host your website. The hotel provides everything you need, housekeeping, room service and laundry ( networking, power, and maintenance). You pay for the convenience so that you don't have to personally keep a server at your office or home running 24/7.
    Last edited by NZSilver; 19-05-2016 at 09:13 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    For those of you like me who don't no much about data centres I found this; Data Centers are like hotels. You rent a room (server) for as long as you need to host your website. The hotel provides everything you need, housekeeping, room service and laundry ( networking, power, and maintenance). You pay for the convenience so that you don't have to personally keep a server at your office or home running 24/7.
    Customers like Google,Facebook,Amazon Xero,banks ?

Or http://computer.howstuffworks.com/data-centers2.htm

A study by International Data Corporation for EMC estimated that 1.8 trillion gigabytes (GB), or around 1.8 zettabytes (ZB), of digital information was created in 2011 [sources: Glanz, EMC, Phneah]. The amount of data in 2012 was approximately 2.8 ZB and is expected to rise to 40 ZB by the year 2020 [sources: Courtney, Digital Science Series, EMC].