sharetrader
Page 15 of 341 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: IFT - Infratil

been doing some reading
    this share i like certainly...
    along with PPL , i tink they will be soon the only NZL shares i will hold... along with NZO that is.

does IFT have a DRIP scheme?
    and whats its LT divi %?

regards,
    Dazza
    been on the ASX boards too much -_-
    Oil - NZO
    REE - ARU
    Copper - EQN/OXR/TMR
    Iron- AGO/ADY/UMC
    Nickel-WSA
    PGM/Gold - PLA/VRE

Guru

quote:Originally posted by Dazza
    [does IFT have a DRIP scheme?
    and whats its LT divi %?
    I must start of by apologising. If my typo in my message above offended anyone, well ...

As far as I know, IFT does not have a DRiP. There dayout ration has to date been pretty reliant on TPW as they will only pay a dividend if it is tax efficent (ie. has imputation credits) which means it has to be income from an NZ investment. It dont think wellington airport pays a dividend (to piss of wellington council and to pay for upgrades). Stagecoach may be able to pay an imputed dividend, but Statecoach has said that since it has held the NZ assets, it has never paid a dividend overseas (due to capital purcahses??). IRG says a gross div ratio of 4.2%.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

quote:Originally posted by CJ

quote:Originally posted by rmbbrave All of these investment add up to $1.47 billion but IFT's market cap is $822 million.

Is it fair to say IFT's SP is about half what it should be?
    They hold a bit of debt remember. Not sure how much but a look at the last statutory aco****s should tell you. There new investments have also been debt funded so what ever debt taht had at the last stats has now increased.

Interesting this as IFT is essentually double levered. Take TPW, one of its main investments. It has say 50% equity, 50% debt. IFT then buys that for 50:50 equity debt. That means there investment in the assets of TPW have 25% equity, 75% debt. So as long as it keeps picking winners, this explains why it has had a good return. Just like increasing your leverage in your house in a rising market.
    Triple leverage if you buy the warrnats.
    Forbar calculates NAV at $4.36, so nice discount considering it's one of the best managed and performing companies on the NZX.

The SP has historically traded anywhere inbetween a 5-10% discount to the NAV (which I calculate a little higher than FB).

So the stock looks cheap at the moment.

Do the maths again taking into account the signed off buyback over the next 11 months and your head would spin with the prospect of this share being re-rated by the markets very soon.
    Toddy

Guru

quote:Originally posted by Toddy
    Do the maths again taking into account the signed off buyback over the next 11 months and your head would spin with the prospect of this share being re-rated by the markets very soon.
    I hope so. I am seeing the effect of double and triple leverage as the share price and warrents drop in price.

It will be interesting to see what it does with its new investments. Two new airports that need a customer base built from scratch - not an easy thing, and a bus company (social infrastructure - a bit like airlines [:0]) which it needs to do something with, though it did buy on a good P/E so growth isn't as important as the other two. I think this brings a lot of uncertainty into the stock compared to the last few years. Glasgow airport still needs work but the other investments can just keep ticking.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

The buyback began last Friday at $3.65 a share, the low for that day.
    om mani peme hum

has the difference btw teh headshares and the warrents been around $3?? all the time?
    Oil - NZO
    REE - ARU
    Copper - EQN/OXR/TMR
    Iron- AGO/ADY/UMC
    Nickel-WSA
    PGM/Gold - PLA/VRE

Stagecoach agrees to buy Mana Coach Services
    09 January 2006

Stagecoach New Zealand has entered into a conditional agreement to boost its stake in Mana Coach Services.

Stagecoach already owns a 26 per cent holding in Mana, and has now agreed to buy the balance.

The deal is conditional on Commerce Commission approval and completion of due diligence, with settlement expected by April 3.

Mana Coach Services is a family owned and managed business that operates Mana Coach Services and Newlands Buses.

Mana Coach Services operates commuter and passenger bus services within north Wellington, Porirua and the Kapiti coast, as well as a service to the Paraparaumu Tranz Metro rail line for Wellington city connections, and a coach charter business.

Stagecoach executive chairman Ross Martin said if the deal went unconditional, it would be business as usual for Mana and Newlands under existing management and staff.

Infrastructure investor Infratil bought Stagecoach New Zealand in November last year. The Mana purchase would be funded through existing Infratil bank debt facilities.

AdvertisementAdvertisementFor the year ended March 31, Mana Coach Lines expected revenues of about $14 million and earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation of around $5 million.

\"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

The information you have is not the information you want.
    The information you want is not the information you need.
    The information you need is not the information you can obtain.
    The informaton you can obtain costs more than you want to pay.

Dazza, you are quite right the difference between the Heads & B Warrants has hovered around the $3 mark.

The B warrants currently at $0.75 were around $1 when the SP was around $4.

Both look cheap at the moment IMO

Guru

The warrents can be exercised at $3.50 (I think) so any difference in the Warrent price + $3.50 and the share price represents a premium/deficit in relation to the value of the leveraged effect of the warrent. based on your observations, this is about 50c. THe smaller the difference, the higher people expect the shareprice to go.