sharetrader
Page 16 of 339 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: IFT - Infratil

I'm not sure how much longer the sp will track sideways. IFT Management has been buying up large first class assets (apart from APX???) which will provide significantly increased cashflow for IFT.

Recent news where the sp has not reacted at all.
    Share buyback plan implemented
    TPW new investments
    Purchase of 10% of APX
    Purchase 90% Lubeck Airport
    Purchase 100% Kent International Airport
    Purchase 100% Isite
    Purchase 100% Stagecoach NZ
    Purchase of Mana Coach Services

And after all of this their debt to equity ratio is still well below the average. All current investments continue to make record profits.
    Ryanair continues to carry record number of passangers and has massive growth plans which all looks good for GPIA.

I could go on forever.............

There has
    Toddy

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Although some of these recent acquisitions should add to the profit from day one on the other hand other stuff needs several years of funding before a return can be expected.
    So short term that probably averages out as neutral to negative.
    IFT is a long term thing: That is how the management works.
    om mani peme hum

Here is something different, in todays London papers.
    Glasgow has been voted Europes top tourist destination for 2006, the only European City to make the top 10 tourist destinations in travel guidebook Frommer's.

Glasgow Prestwick can look forward to another boomer year.
    Toddy

quote:Originally posted by Toddy

I thought Stagecoach pulled one out of the hat when they sold the Auckland bus operation to IFT and then significantly increased their stake in Mana.
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Guru

quote:Originally posted by warthog

quote:Originally posted by Toddy

I thought Stagecoach pulled one out of the hat when they sold the Auckland bus operation to IFT and then significantly increased their stake in Mana.
    IFT owns stagecoach so the purchase is one by IFT indirectly. I am sure IFT would have secured a non compitition agreement with Stagecoach UK for at least the next 2years if not 5.

With the expection of Stagecoach, most of these new investments will take some time to see if they will work. The UK airport currently has no customers so they need to build it up from scatch.

Stagecoach was a good purchase for a normal company but IFT will need to see growth in order to maintain its growth. As such, purchases like Mana are good and will see consolidition in the industry.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

May have mentioned before that the IFTWB warrants are what I consider a very good long-term investment that will offer superior returns over the ordinary share price in a very sound company, with the following reasoning:

Have a long-term 3.75 years run to exercise

Bought in over last six months at an average price of 79 cents which equates to an exercise price of 429 cents.

So if current SP of 385 cents conservatively appreciates an average 10% p.a. over next 3.75 years then final SP will be 1.43 x 385 = 550 cents. So warrant worth 200 cents.

This equates to an annual return on investment of 28.1% p.a.

Of course would sell out before exercise if warrants run too far ahead of SP based on a similar analysis to above.

DB-agree that warrants appear to be a good method for superior returns-bought earlier this week at 76c

Recall making a quick 50% plus on FTB warrants.

IFT trading patterns broke a ceiling last night, obv up over recent trading sessions, its looking good for a period of growth in the SP.

Can one of you techies out there please confirm.

Toddy

quote:Originally posted by Dough Boy

May have mentioned before that the IFTWB warrants are what I consider a very good long-term investment that will offer superior returns over the ordinary share price in a very sound company, with the following reasoning:

Have a long-term 3.75 years run to exercise

Bought in over last six months at an average price of 79 cents which equates to an exercise price of 429 cents.

So if current SP of 385 cents conservatively appreciates an average 10% p.a. over next 3.75 years then final SP will be 1.43 x 385 = 550 cents. So warrant worth 200 cents.

This equates to an annual return on investment of 28.1% p.a.

Of course would sell out before exercise if warrants run too far ahead of SP based on a similar analysis to above.
    Amen and preaching to the converted as far as I'm concerned. Couple of other thoughts to add, if SP grows at the long term historic average of 20% then future share price of $7.65, warrants of $4.15!!!! - I believe this is to be a realistic outcome.
    Other comment is that last NAV of underlying investments was somewhere around 4.30-4.50, this stock should be trading at a premium not a discount!!

disc - happy holder from back when they floated and loaded to the gunnels with IFT warrants.

Advanced Member

Toddy,
    IFT remains in a steady uptrend. There is a confirmed trendline in place and current price action is well above this trendline. On Balance Volume is in an uptrend. The resistance that has held since last October has been breached. Boring eh?
    When stocks are in a long-term uptrend like this, TA can be used to signal good entry points. Here are two oscillators with their attendant "Buy" signals marked by arrows. I should point out that both oscillators are plotted using their default values. Optimization of their time periods yields even better results.