sharetrader
Page 2 of 339 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Advanced Member

When the warrants first came out I was all for topping up which i in fact did. To me at 56 cents average they were too cheap ,but some clown had a modle that showed that they were only worth 35 cents,or was it 33 cents. The lowest they got was 44.
    In any buy back the warrants gain as they then gain in future % holding,hence value.
    See the other week a director sold heads and bought warrants,as per notice.
    I still haven't worked out where the recent surge was TPW or Whenuapai expected releace this month.Quess they overran themselves as are coming back to reality.
    With Christmas this is the worst month for stock,but Jan is the best on long run averages.
    digger

Not only did I top up on issue of warrants, but sold my headshares to pay for them, suppose that gives you my opinion of their relative value.

Whenuapai - still waiting.

What are the politicians debating in the House now days.

IFT have been advertising for airport staff in the New Zealand papers over here in the U.K. recently for GPIA and Wellington.

From what I hear the weather will have to improve a 'lot' before people board for the Capital.

Toddy

Toddy: Whenuapai way off the radar screen. MPs occupied giving marriage rights to gays.

In any case, it's not a decision for Parliament (doesn't need legislation). Will be a cabinet paper.
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence

Its a "civil union".....so does that mean you can marry your sister now??

sorry off topic

Decision day!

Fate of Whenuapai air base still up in the air

by Jonathan Milne

Plans to convert the Whenuapai air base into a second international airport for Auckland will hang in the balance when Cabinet meets tomorrow.

A Cabinet committee agreed last week that Whenuapai's commercial value as an airport would outweigh any strategic significance it held as a national asset.

But ministers remain divided on the next step: agreeing to sell the airforce base to Waikatere City Council, which could in turn contract the Defence Force and Wellington Airport-owner Infratil to manage it.

The solution would allow the airforce to continue using the airfield for the indefinite future, while at the same time allowing Infratil to operate a national and international airport.

Supporters say it would relieve pressure on Auckland's existing international airport at Mangere, and, in particular, on the congested road links leading from the city.

But sources say Finance Minister Michael Cullen is wary of being seen in election year to sell off national assets - even if they are being sold to the local authority.

Ironically, with local MP John Tamihere gone from Cabinet, the airport's biggest champion is Progressives leader Jim Anderton, who left Labour in protest at the privatisation of public assets.

Cabinet's choices are to either immediately commission a detailed proposal of how the airport sale proposal would work, or to put it in the "too-hard" basket till after the election.

- THE HERALD ON SUNDAY
    Toddy

CAM: yes, but you can't shag her.

Air NZ arn't interested and without their support it's a no goer. They have to stay at AIA because their Star alliance requires them to be at the same port as their other cariers. Secondary ports are for VBA's. Other airlines in the Air NZ group will fall into line.
    Pac Blue will not be able to make it work on their own due to the quarantine, customs and immigration requirements.

Now the "No Go" decision is out, lets see what happens to shareprice tomorrow. My guess is that impact won't be much.

Agree Kura, it may even have a positive impact on the shareprice.

IFT and it's share holders were always going to carry the risk for this one on behalf of the Auckland public.

Toddy