sharetrader
Page 20 of 341 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Nice to see IFT gaining some traction, maybe on the back of recent rises in TPW and/or the buyback coming into operation at the $3.70 level.
    I stand a chance of getting back into the black with my last warrant purchase.
    Disc: IFT & IFTWB
    om mani peme hum

Agree PT. TPW and POT doing well, Prestwick figures should be good, Wellington figures should be better (based on Auckland domestic figures), positive noise from APX re Cardiff etc. I would expect to see IFT trade in a new range $4.10-20 within days.

Toddy

Agree with you guys and think that ultimately Stagecoach should be good for IFT- bought their warrants a few mths back and still trying to figure the correlation between Warrants and Head share prices.

Toddy-hope you are right about the share price.

Looking good for Stagecoach. This will get a fair number of Aucklanders back onto public transport.

Tolls of $6 proposed for Auckland Harbour Bridge, $3 to enter city

17.03.06 1.55pm UPDATE
    Click on 'more pictures' above for maps showing various proposals

A government report on tackling Auckland's congested roads suggests charging motorists $6 to cross the Harbour Bridge.

The Ministry of Transport report makes a number of suggestions for charging people to drive into the city, including the Harbour Bridge option.

Other proposals are $3 to enter a cordon - essentially the Auckland isthmus - at 15 charging points, or charging motorists $5 a day to enter the central business district.

The maximum daily charge under all the proposals would be $6, and the tolls would apply only between 6am and 10am, Monday to Friday.

Another of the five schemes in the report would involve a $10 a day additional charge on parking on both private and public property.

The report was released today by Transport Minister David Parker, Finance Minister Michael Cullen and Transport Secretary Robin Dunlop.

"It's time to recognise that we cannot pave our way out of traffic," said Mr Dunlop. "These schemes represent a balance between the need to reduce congestion and raise revenue while minimising the social, environmental and economic impacts to Aucklanders."

Mr Parker said: "The government has an open mind and has not taken a position on this. Depending on what comes out of the consultation process, the government may decide to look at the options further or decide to take no further action.

"That is why it is important that Auckland has its say because congestion is a major issue for the city, as it is in most large cities."

A six-week consultation period starts today and ends on 28 April. Submissions can be made to the Ministry of Transport, which will be consulting with local government, business groups, non-government organisations and the public.

The ministry will then report back to ministers on the outcome of the consultation.

Toddy

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

So IFT has gone and bought Mana coaches prior to Commerce Commission approval.
    I guess CCOM has been so busy throwing it weight around at the power companies and Telecom that IFT has got fed up waiting for them to respond.
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

I see that Morrison & Co have been appointed by the Super Fund to manage their infrastructure investments - something like $270m allocated to that sector of the Fund already, and obviously heaps more to come as the Fund snowballs. On the surface there is a potential conflict of interest, with Morrisons running IFT, but the Guardians of the Fund will have that bolted down. Nevertheless there must be some ability to put some into IFT, otherwise they would be precluding investment in one of the most potentially lucrative infrastructure vehicles around.

Guru

COLIN - major coflict of interest. If they find a great investment, who gets if first - IFT or Superfund.

Where is the announcement. Are they going to be doing direct investment for the superfund (which is there expertise) or just investing in IFT type shares.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

CJ

I'm sure that you can work that one out on your own.
    Toddy

Advanced Member

quote:Originally posted by CJ

Where is the announcement.
    It was in the "Daily Business Brief" from "The Independent". I haven't seen it covered anywhere else. I agree that, on the face of it, there would seem to be a major conflict of interest, and I would be interested to see how that has been dealt with - do "Chinese Walls" really work?

Guys

From what I have read the deal is that the Fund has the opportunity to invest in investments that Morrison and Co have passed over as not fitting the IFT investment strategy.

When Morrison are looking around they come across a number of opportunities that aren't suited for IFT. This is where the Fund comes in. They are not competing for the same asset.

I'm sure that the Chinese Walls will apply however to cases where the Fund could be used to corner competitors for IFT's advantage.
    Toddy