sharetrader
Page 66 of 339 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Toddy No way I can transport 5 people for 1/4 of the bus fare As my fixed costs are static otherwise shanks's pony is more efficent and just about as quick. Other wise by an old carburettor car and try some of the second world war tricks for fuel. My dad was in the first world war and used to talk about paris being lit by gas lamps and the gas was made from SH*T
    Possum The Cat

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    Toddy No way I can transport 5 people for 1/4 of the bus fare As my fixed costs are static otherwise shanks's pony is more efficent and just about as quick. Other wise by an old carburettor car and try some of the second world war tricks for fuel. My dad was in the first world war and used to talk about paris being lit by gas lamps and the gas was made from SH*T
    But if labour are voted out this coming term then there will not be enough SH*T to go around anymore.
    Toddy

Advanced Member

Why the sudden interest in IFT? Both sets of warrants up 18%, and respectable rises for the head shares and the partly-paids. Someone seems to know something.

Veteran novice

Probably the effect of the takeover for ORG which has flowed on to Contact. Then on to Trustpower?
    Aussie gas stocks are also up strongly.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Probably the effect of the takeover for ORG which has flowed on to Contact. Then on to Trustpower?
    Aussie gas stocks are also up strongly.

Seems a rather tenuous link. The BG deal seems aimed at Origin's natural gas. Am not aware that TPW have any of that stuff.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    Seems a rather tenuous link. The BG deal seems aimed at Origin's natural gas. Am not aware that TPW have any of that stuff.

You're right, and it probably is a rather tenuous link although stocks have moved on less.
    How about then that it's the carbon tading thing hitting the headlines again, and Trustpower's favourable positioning in renewable generation?

Meanwhile, IFT price has settled down.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    You're right, and it probably is a rather tenuous link although stocks have moved on less.
    How about then that it's the carbon tading thing hitting the headlines again, and Trustpower's favourable positioning in renewable generation?

Meanwhile, IFT price has settled down.
    Its POSSUM THE CAT taking a position as the sheep start catching the bus. One by one..... baa.

I expect the market to play a fair bit of catchup as IFT was one of those stocks sold out during the credit crises when it is atually a pretty good defensive stock.

Or, more likey the punters are happy that Trustpower has once again been de-risked as the rain pours out of the night sky and fills those hydro lakes.
    Toddy

IFT is soft again, albeit on small volumes. I'm struggling to work out why given the current level of the discount IFT is already trading at.

Market risk is reducing.
    The NZD is slowly coming off.
    Their MAIN asset TPW is trending nicely.
    The airport businesses are trending nicely (especially Wellington that is doing super well).
    The Aussie energy business looks like it would be turning a nice profit under the current electricity prices and is growing.
    There has been limited news about the bus business and based on IFT disclosure rules 'no news' means no surprises.
    AIA play is immaterial (3%) and will not be taking up hours of managements time anymore.
    Have additional managerial resourses working away in the background.

I guess that there will be further disclosure in the quarterly due in a few days.
    Toddy

IMO it doesn't help that IFT is a relatively unknown company. People hear about the TELs and FBUs and AIAs every night on the news, IFT just doesn't get that kind of exposure.

Always seems to be the way, no news = drop in SP

Advanced Member

The instalment due date on the IFTCB's is on the horizon (early August) and perhaps this is acting as a bit of a depressant on IFT as well (the full paids and the partly paids move more or less in tandem.) In other words, we could have a similar scenario here to the NZO/NZOOD situation. Most holders of the part-paids would also still hold their fully paids, and many will be trying to sell some FPO's to pay for the instalment or trying to sell the part-paids before due date. There's quite a bit of cash required for the final instalment, particularly in today's tightening circumstances.
    Last edited by COLIN; 02-05-2008 at 03:07 PM.