sharetrader
Page 93 of 341 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Guru

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    According to my records IFT paid NZD170m for the original stake and have written it down by NZD113.7m since. So it's in the books at NZD56.3m.

$100m will give them a healthy profit for this year's numbers but of course still represents a hefty loss overall.
    NOT ONE OF THEIR BETTER DEALS< sign of things to come ?

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    NOT ONE OF THEIR BETTER DEALS< sign of things to come ?
    More a sign of things past. IFT have been keen to quit this one for some time so should be a positive for them if the deal goes through at this price.

According to my records IFT paid NZD170m for the original stake and have written it down by NZD113.7m since. So it's in the books at NZD56.3m.

$100m will give them a healthy profit for this year's numbers but of course still represents a hefty loss overall.
    Thanks for that. Looks like the new management are getting rid of all the deadwood deals done in the past and looking for a new start. This is not a bad thing I think. Cash in the bank is good and getting rid of none performing assets is also a good thing. So now it looks as though they have cleaned up the balance sheet. Got a lot of cash in the bank and can go ahead as a slimmed down entity.

Still Whatsup has a point. The question is whether new investments will be better than the old ones? Personally I like the idea of Shell but for no more than 3 to 4 years. But this deal means that they have enough cash to do more than that.

Guru

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Nevl View Post
    Thanks for that. Looks like the new management are getting rid of all the deadwood deals done in the past and looking for a new start. This is not a bad thing I think. Cash in the bank is good and getting rid of none performing assets is also a good thing. So now it looks as though they have cleaned up the balance sheet. Got a lot of cash in the bank and can go ahead as a slimmed down entity.

Still Whatsup has a point. The question is whether new investments will be better than the old ones? Personally I like the idea of Shell but for no more than 3 to 4 years. But this deal means that they have enough cash to do more than that.
    Trouble is this deal ( although it wouldnt have ) should have been done 12 months ago so as to be able to take advantage of all of the cheap deals out there that 6 months ago were there for the taking , not now as unless the market has another leg down the opportunities that are there are picked over or fully priced, oui well at least its money in the bag but IFT's ballance sheet was getting pretty fully stretched,
    I did well out of the options bought some at .03 and sold at .14, best play in IFT for a while.

Veteran novice

Press reports today expect a return to IFT of about AUD138m for its ENE stake if the sale goes through at AUD2.75ps.

That would see IFT pretty well recovering its original investment of NZD170m and a book profit in excess of NZD100m in the current year.
    Last edited by macduffy; 01-12-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Veteran novice

There are some unusual aspects to the PEP bid for ENE.

IFT may still be some way from cashing in this investment.

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/...cument&src=kgb

There are some unusual aspects to the PEP bid for ENE.

IFT may still be some way from cashing in this investment.

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/...cument&src=kgb
    The finish line is only 50.1%. And with IFT's holding its difficult not to see them reaching the acceptance level.
    Toddy

Veteran novice

The interim div was due to be paid last Friday, 11 Dec.

Last year's final (for year ended 31 March 2009) was paid on 29 July.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetheart View Post
    Would appreciate if someone would tell when the last dividends are meant to be paid?
    received on 11/12/09
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

I was wondering if someone with some Technical Analysis expertise would care to post their thoughs on Infratil.

To my (very inexperienced) eyes it appears IFT has broken out of its long term down trend.

Your opinions are appreciated.