sharetrader
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: sunland group

Default sunland group

Does anyone have any thoughts on this company. Has a PE of 4.5. Real estate company.

TIM property development company not a plain real estate company

There was an earlier thread - search for "SDG". I liked the look of them at 0.99, and of course I wish I'd bought then. I'd say at their current price they are fair but no longer cheap, bearing in mind their considerable debt and the room for argument about asset values in a property company.

Calling Dimebag! He owns some, that ought to be a recommendation for you...

@@@ Sunland SDG @@
    [8D][8D][8D]

Sunland (SDG) put out, what I felt, was one of the best/strongest Net Profits, so far, in this Period's Profit /// Reporting Season..

and thus even their adjusted Profits, even net of the sale of their share of Gold Coast Queensland, "Versace" Complex.

I do Note, that Sunland (SDG) are also, among a myriad of other Big Projects, now Developing another New "Versace" complex, this time, in Dubais, which will be probably be very good for future earnings even more going forward....[]

--Finally, note also that SUNLAND (SDG) [8D][8D].. is ; NOW publicly (on ASX announcements in last week or so....) stating their readiness; and that it is looking for admittance into the ASX S&P 200; which of course could effect its Price Earnings RE-RATING// acceptability as SDG; moves onto the radar screens, and into the acceptable "mandates", and parametres, presumably, of the Larger Investor Super Funds etc etc.....[]

YES YES..I do think//guestimate... Sunland (SDG) will be positively Up-Rated and Move Upwards,and be more likely than not, to easilly, cruise through the $3.00 mark in the next 2-3 weeks..[]

Regards,

Robbo

Robbo

Tend to agree with you davidrob. I just picked up some for $2.48, which is quite stupid really. I've followed them from 60c to here but always thought I had enough exposure to property through my city pacific holdings. But it looks like sdg may continue to surge for a while yet.

cheers
    mark

Thought about the New...radical...????... Sharetrading Theory; Mark ??

Its called putting the Good Shares calmly in the Bottom Drawer and forgetting about It, for 3 or 4 months at least...[^][^][8D]

[]Despite whatI do with "punting money" ....with 90% of my Share Investments; this is what I personally adhere to....[^][^]

ie: Mark, I totally have decided to forget about "timing the surge and the ups and downs of the market....moods of markets etc etc,.... and all that bull sh it... etc, Life for me this last 3-4 years,or so has been so much more totally RELAXING AND ENJOYABLE THAT WAY since I adopted this revised strategy from waht I used to do...ie: jump around like a jumping bean,!!!

and Mark I ONLY review every time my Share INVESTMENT goes up at LEAST 51 % ++ or so...

So Mark; in the case of your purchase of Sunland at $2.48,I would personally only review again when Sunland is $3.72.... and NOT before,no matter how much greener the grass seems in your worser moments down the track...., I personally do this 90 % of the time.... ...and to repeat that this is ....(NOT advice so of course, just sharing IDEAS ; SO do FEEL TO ignore....obviously SAY NO THANKS....etc etc....

The trick,for me Mark, is NOT worrying about the inevitable; ups and downs; until you have received your just and DUE to YOU,>>>>>.... the patient cool Investorrewards of at least 50% onYOUR capital

Mark, and what I've found surprisngly enough is that 8.5/10 +++ ... I get at least 55% and often up to 70 % ++ at least, on average every 120 days...compounded,on average, before I then have to make my next decision....and review the merits of the particualr valueof the equity alst its intrinsic worth versus the market quoted price (and the margin of safety of the equity as objectively as possible assessed.... etc etc etc....

So then, lets run some monopoly money numbers Mark ....

Seven (7) Shares: >>>>>.....with say only $5000 in each careful undervalued growth share Selection....

which gives a total of 7 X $5000 = $ 35, 000...

capital appreciation in first 120 day period on average is 50 %...

so our little investment 120 later is worth, $52, 500 and then minus $ 500 for brokerage etc givig us, $52, 000 approx..

and then again another 50 %, we have a total NOW of $78, 750 and then for the final time in the approx 12 month cycle,another 50 % minus $500, we have NOW $117, 625, and if we repeat the process the following year with our compounding capital we get to approx $395,000 PLUS from an origianl investment of only $35 000 ...which is quite a English Breakfast Tea, hot scones and strawberry jam Capital Gain Return of quite a reasonable $180, 992 per annum excluding our original capital>>>>... or a total of OVER $361, 000 for the 24 month period....on only 50 % returns....every 1/3 of the year compounded...

Mark,this strategy may not work for your situation of course, but I have found it to be much more than quite satisfactory..[]

Food for thought anyway...

Kind regards,

Robbo

That decision,in the case of a share like Sunland,would be//may be to see another atleast 50 % Gains in Price,in approx 120 days (give or take a fortnight or so.... depending on the situation..[]

What this process does is disciplines the Investor to recevie compounding wealth creation....

Try for yourself the numbers...
    I usually have anywhere between 5 --9 stocks of the variety of:

for example(and these are NOT recommendations:

(1) Emitch (EMI) (2) Sunland (up atl
    Robbo

Advanced Member

Sentiment is hot with SDG ATM. They might even get to ASX 200 before CIY. Fundamentally, on a PE level, can climb to as high as $3.20's in the near term. Yield wise, not so good. I figure they only pay dividend once a year.

Tough to buy at current price, considering when SHARES mag had an article on them late last year and they were only in the $1.20's. MONEY mag had them as a top 4 stock for 2005.

Howdee, Souldman, Mick and all..."here comes The Sun" [8D] (with apologies to the late George Harrison) ... followers,

>>.. SUNLAND(SDG) doing their 3.5 % Rise thing, AGAIN Today,

With shares; of course, absolutely NOTHING is ever a total Dead CERT, but that $3.00 minium Target is starting to... " Look, and Appear".... relatively darned CLOSE to one...IMO..!!

Regards all,

Robbo.

Robbo

Sold this morning at 2.69. Robbo, I agree with you that we will see $3 soon however I reckon it may pull back a bit first and I will try and buy back in the low 2.50's. The temptation to take a quick profit was too great!

mark

Mark,

Sharetrader is NOW sending Lewinsky over to give you a Deserved Big Spanking.....you naughty, naughty BOY !!!!! [}][}]

Enjoy your well deserved PROFITS Mark !! [][]

Kind Regards,

Robbo
    Robbo