sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Food Bag

Default My Food Bag

Anyone left holding the bag on My Food Bag [MFB] ?

https://www.yahoo.com/now/investors-...030726340.html

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post

Don't know. You could try asking on the 'My Food Bag' thread maybe?

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...FB-My-Food-Bag

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Guru

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...ht=my+food+bag

Thanks for the link. I did try doing a search MFB but nothing came up.

On the doghouse

Thanks for the link. I did try doing a search MFB but nothing came up.
    The search algorithm was tweaked a little while ago in a way that had some positive and some negative effects. A negative effect I noticed was that it no longer does 'three letter searches'. It just reports 'nothing found' (which is because it didn't look). This is annoying because most shares have three letter tickers. You can't search for three letter tickers any more it seems.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Google is pretty quick

Type 'MFB sharetrader' or whatever and thread will come up
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Google is pretty quick

Type 'MFB sharetrader' or whatever and thread will come up
    Are you not a Chat GPT convert yet W69??

Although I just asked it whether I should buy shares in MZX MFB, and I got:

As an AI language model, I cannot provide specific investment advice or recommendations. It's important to conduct your research and analysis before investing in any company, including NZX MFB.
    Before investing in a company, you should consider factors such as its financial performance, market conditions, competitive landscape, and management team. It would be best to review the company's financial statements, earnings reports, news releases, and other relevant information to help you make an informed decision.
    It's also a good idea to seek professional financial advice from a qualified financial advisor, who can provide personalized recommendations based on your financial goals, risk tolerance, and overall financial situation. Investing always carries a certain level of risk, and it's important to carefully consider your personal circumstances before making any investment decisions.

I instead asked chatGPT to "Create an essay on whether someone should purchase shares in My Food Bag, from the perspective of a financial analyst", And I got

As a financial analyst, it is my job to evaluate the financial health of a company and determine whether it is a sound investment for potential shareholders. In this essay, I will assess whether someone should purchase shares in My Food Bag, a New Zealand-based meal kit delivery company that recently went public on the New Zealand Stock Exchange (NZX).

First, let's examine My Food Bag's financial performance. According to the company's prospectus, My Food Bag generated NZD 143.7 million in revenue in the 2020 fiscal year, representing a 41% increase from the previous year. The company's net profit after tax was NZD 1.7 million, a significant improvement from the NZD 5.6 million loss in 2019. These numbers suggest that My Food Bag is experiencing healthy growth and is moving towards profitability.

Furthermore, My Food Bag has a strong competitive advantage in the meal kit delivery industry. The company has a unique business model that differentiates it from its competitors, such as HelloFresh and Blue Apron. My Food Bag partners with local farmers and suppliers to offer fresh and sustainable ingredients, and it provides its customers with a wide range of dietary options, including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. This focus on sustainability and variety has helped My Food Bag build a loyal customer base and stand out in a crowded market.

However, there are also some potential risks to consider before investing in My Food Bag. The meal kit delivery industry is highly competitive, and My Food Bag may struggle to maintain its market share against larger players like HelloFresh. Moreover, the COVID-19 pandemic has created uncertainties in the market, and My Food Bag's financial performance may be affected if there is a decline in consumer demand for meal kit delivery services.

In addition, there are some concerns about My Food Bag's high customer acquisition costs. The company spends a significant amount of money on marketing and advertising to attract new customers, and this may not be sustainable in the long term. If My Food Bag fails to generate enough revenue from its existing customers, it may struggle to maintain its growth trajectory.

Taking these factors into consideration, it is ultimately up to individual investors to decide whether My Food Bag is a sound investment. While there are risks associated with investing in a company that operates in a competitive and uncertain market, My Food Bag's unique business model and strong financial performance suggest that it may be a good investment opportunity for those who are willing to take on some risk.

In conclusion, as a financial analyst, I would recommend that potential investors carefully consider My Food Bag's financial performance, competitive landscape, and potential risks before making an investment decision. While there are some uncertainties in the market, My Food Bag's growth potential and competitive advantages make it an intriguing investment opportunity for those who are willing to take on some risk. As always, investors should seek professional financial advice and do their own research before making any investment decisions.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    I instead asked chatGPT to "Create an essay on whether someone should purchase shares in My Food Bag, from the perspective of a financial analyst", And I got

As a financial analyst, it is my job to evaluate the financial health of a company and determine whether it is a sound investment for potential shareholders. In this essay, I will assess whether someone should purchase shares in My Food Bag, a New Zealand-based meal kit delivery company that recently went public on the New Zealand Stock Exchange (NZX).

First, let's examine My Food Bag's financial performance. According to the company's prospectus, My Food Bag generated NZD 143.7 million in revenue in the 2020 fiscal year, representing a 41% increase from the previous year. The company's net profit after tax was NZD 1.7 million, a significant improvement from the NZD 5.6 million loss in 2019. These numbers suggest that My Food Bag is experiencing healthy growth and is moving towards profitability.

Furthermore, My Food Bag has a strong competitive advantage in the meal kit delivery industry. The company has a unique business model that differentiates it from its competitors, such as HelloFresh and Blue Apron. My Food Bag partners with local farmers and suppliers to offer fresh and sustainable ingredients, and it provides its customers with a wide range of dietary options, including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. This focus on sustainability and variety has helped My Food Bag build a loyal customer base and stand out in a crowded market.

However, there are also some potential risks to consider before investing in My Food Bag. The meal kit delivery industry is highly competitive, and My Food Bag may struggle to maintain its market share against larger players like HelloFresh. Moreover, the COVID-19 pandemic has created uncertainties in the market, and My Food Bag's financial performance may be affected if there is a decline in consumer demand for meal kit delivery services.

In addition, there are some concerns about My Food Bag's high customer acquisition costs. The company spends a significant amount of money on marketing and advertising to attract new customers, and this may not be sustainable in the long term. If My Food Bag fails to generate enough revenue from its existing customers, it may struggle to maintain its growth trajectory.

Taking these factors into consideration, it is ultimately up to individual investors to decide whether My Food Bag is a sound investment. While there are risks associated with investing in a company that operates in a competitive and uncertain market, My Food Bag's unique business model and strong financial performance suggest that it may be a good investment opportunity for those who are willing to take on some risk.

In conclusion, as a financial analyst, I would recommend that potential investors carefully consider My Food Bag's financial performance, competitive landscape, and potential risks before making an investment decision. While there are some uncertainties in the market, My Food Bag's growth potential and competitive advantages make it an intriguing investment opportunity for those who are willing to take on some risk. As always, investors should seek professional financial advice and do their own research before making any investment decisions.
    Although very wordy and grammatically correct, this shows that Chat GPT is pretty useless really.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Although very wordy and grammatically correct, this shows that Chat GPT is pretty useless really.
    Totally agree.