sharetrader
Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUST POWER

Advanced Member

Default TRUST POWER

I intended to buy into this when i moved from PWC The fundamentals are great and a decent divi due on the 17th dec. I scored a 12 pc bet on nog and bought into this last friday at $4-84. I could not believe my luck after a great report and a divi due the price remained static. SUMONE UP THER LUVS ME. The price is sky rocketing WHOOPEE!. This is a long term buy for me i expect to still hold this in a couple of years. It is great when you can woo lady luck with a bit of common sense [ unlike most of the other ladies in macdunks life time he wooed them with a bit of nonsense].
    Hope you guys dont mind old macdunk kicking his heels up backing a winner. MACDUNK

I put in a sell order at 5.15 today, (after buying in several years back, think arround $6, pre share split ) so talking of a significant profit myself, Why did I sell ? Purely cos I had plenty of TPW exposure from my IFT holding,
    Cheers
    PS: Had expected reduced/stable result from TPW as they revalued their assets last year or so (massively) and the higher resultant depreciation charge would have hurt them, so for TPW to post such a good result is really great stuff.

Advanced Member

Also sold 3000 today at $5.15 .Kura im pretty sure i bought these for only $3 or thereabouts soon after they listed so with the share split have tripled in value .
    Only small vols are traded as tightly held stock
    Will keep on selling if the price is right-but i dont think there are many buyers
    Better value elsewhere in my opinion

According to Direct Broking, PE Tpw: 11.902. Would make this electricity generator the cheapest around!!!

Am I forgetting something??

This electricity company fits in perfectly into my money-spinning chain theory within the energy sector, being exposed to:

1. an explorer/producer (in the near future) like Nog (hold on/off)
    2. a generator like Tpw (holder)
    3. a distributor like Vector via the bonds (holder)

Advanced Member

ANNANDA 77, I will be buying more regardless. I consider this market sector is on the up and up regardless of the company. Trust power are positioned to trend up has a good cover well run and a good long term bet. The price of power will increase dramatically making the wind farms more than just economically viable. My opinion is this is the best company for share holders to buy into. Look out HQP and hello TPW then i might be wrong but dont think so. I am coming back for more . MACDUNK

duncan macgregor:

I read in one of Trustpower's bonds-prospectus that every cent increase in power-prices increases Trustpower's generating assets by a staggering 20m...and I totally agree with you that power-prices will go up substantially.

In this scenario Trustpower is supremely positioned to benefit as their generating capacity is totally independent from primary energy price-fluctuations.

Now here comes the part where it gets tricky for me. I basically understand (hopefully anyway) that as the value of assets increase so does the depreciation and under normal circumstances this would reduce earnings???; but at the same time, since their costs of production does not increase isn't the increased asset depreciation balanced by higher earnings???

I think this is why we saw such a good half-year result despite the last round of asset adjustments.

Any enlightening comments in this regard (in plain English please) very welcome.

Advanced Member

ANNANDA 77, You are starting to get into a tricky area, where a lot of facts and figures can be manipulated to suit the purpose of the moment. Who knows the real price of anything up to the point of sale. The asset increases along with the cost of production, take into account increased wages expences etc etc. I prefer to look at the bottom line and how it was made up, and compare to the previous year. Then i look at a similar company in the same field if i can find one and compare. The only question in my mind is how fast will this company trend up. My bottom line is 20pc capital gain or better plus divi. Macdunk

<center>only 14.7% to go since bought last week</center>

Duncan, although I ran my own business for a number of years, accounting always bored me to death and I left it up to my accountant to sort things out.

Hasn't changed a bit...better stay away from the tricky areas.

Oil-prices taking a breather before going higher short- to medium-term.

I signed up with Trustpower when they arrived to Dunedin as they had to be better than Contact at that time.

No complaints from me, although I don't get those FLY BUYS...

Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Hey Duncan,

Trustpower doesn't seem like your sort of company. It doesn't seem to have a lot of pending good news, (other than steady profits over a long time).

Are you sure this is not another Psychological Ploy like your "I got it wrong thread"?

Are you going to anounce in a few days that you really think the SP has peaked and that the only way you could convince us all of that was to say that you were buying and then inform everyone that followed your lead that they were a pack of suckers?
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

The information you have is not the information you want.
    The information you want is not the information you need.
    The information you need is not the information you can obtain.
    The informaton you can obtain costs more than you want to pay.