sharetrader
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUST POWER

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Where did you learn to pole dance like that?
    My Flatmate years ago was a Pro.

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12340602

Not good results for Trustpower (or Contact)

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12340602

Not good results for Trustpower (or Contact)
    From memory - both Trustpower as well as Contact are paying (compared to other Gentailers) a rather high dividend yield. Sort of wondering how sustainable a negative correlation with customer satisfaction might be?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    From memory - both Trustpower as well as Contact are paying (compared to other Gentailers) a rather high dividend yield. Sort of wondering how sustainable a negative correlation with customer satisfaction might be?
    It doesn't matter about the customers, if you have shares in all the gentailers, then you got them by the balls. They only going to change to another company that you already own. I am very happy with TPW, started buying in on 5/5/20, about six weeks ago and now they are going to pay me $7500+ div. Sold half of them today and yesterday and the remaining still $3500+ in the green. My nephews father-in-law was rubbishing TPW last week, and I had a nice warm internal glow thinking, if it is bad for the customer then must be good for the shareholder.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    ...... My nephews father-in-law was rubbishing TPW last week, and I had a nice warm internal glow thinking, if it is bad for the customer then must be good for the shareholder.
    Have you no shame!! lol.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Have you no shame!! lol.
    No shame here. Served 5 years solitary confinement on those Blo.dy power stations doing my apprenticeship, and on a low wage. Time for payback.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    It doesn't matter about the customers, if you have shares in all the gentailers, then you got them by the balls. They only going to change to another company that you already own. I am very happy with TPW, started buying in on 5/5/20, about six weeks ago and now they are going to pay me $7500+ div. Sold half of them today and yesterday and the remaining still $3500+ in the green. My nephews father-in-law was rubbishing TPW last week, and I had a nice warm internal glow thinking, if it is bad for the customer then must be good for the shareholder.
    I know. Must say as well, that I noticed that it is often not the companies with the best customer service but the companies with the best marketing department which are doing really well. Particularly the big ones (no matter, which utility) find it easy to get away with lousy customer service.

Maybe this even is what makes them big and successful. It is sad, but this is the way it seems to be.

Discl: holding TPW and not too worried from a share holder perspective. However - not one of their customers.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Funnily enough we were TPW customers until recently, and are now with Contact!
    I found TPW customer service people to be brilliant on the couple of occasions I had to contact them, and the same with CEN when I had a query soon after changing to them.
    Neither were the cheapest option (but not far off at the time), but the customer service kept me happy with them.
    I am a TPW and MCY shareholder.

For us, TPW is cheaper for residential gas supply, however electricity was far more expensive. This is outside of any introductory deal however.

Advanced Member

Just a little reminder TPW goes ex div tomorrow. If you want the 17c div you must buy in before 5pm today.