sharetrader
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUST POWER

Looks like some good buying again coming up around the 6.90 ?

TP1.jpg
    TP2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Looks like some good buying again coming up around the 6.90 ?

TP1.jpg
    TP2.jpg
    a breakthrough would imply another 50c I reckon
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Yeah I think thats a fair assessment. Breaking the low of the pattern could see the area of 6.40-6.50

Gentailers should be easier to predict than many other stocks, so how did the analysts do with predicting TPW's performance over the last 12 months?

TPW's share price peaked in February 2019 at $6.53 and analysts (consensus) forecast for February 2020 was $6.03, which means analysts predicted the SP to drop over the last 12 months by 8%. They have been wrong - the TPW share price in February 2020 actually peaked at $7.55, i.e. instead of the forecasted drop of 8% did punters get a 16% rise. A clear fail for the analysts, but nice for the punters who didn't trusted them and bought anyway ;

Looking into the consensus buy recommendation - it was in February 2019 a weak "HOLD"(4.6/10) - i.e. analysts said that the share will slightly underperform the NZX. This prediction was correct. NZX went up by 21% and TPW went up by 16%. Close enough.

I am doing this exercise as well with other NZX listed stocks - the overview is here:
    https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...arket-analysts

12 stocks checked so far (checking for each consensus and buy recommendation);
    Consensus shareprice forecasts correct: 1/12; analyst hitrate: 8.3%
    Consensus recommendation vs NZX50 correct: 4/12; analyst hitrate: 33%
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Lmao appalling results from the analysts who are heavily driven by alterior motives and just trade with too many restrictions and metrics

On a different note: received a newsletter from Trustpower a few days back advising, power prices for Tauranga and Western Bay of Plenty consumers are be reduced from 1st April.

That is because the lines charges which are regulated by the CC have been reduced for 5 years.Not energy prices.

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    That is because the lines charges which are regulated by the CC have been reduced for 5 years.Not energy prices.
    Thanks for that, horus1

Some nice person sold me a handful of TPW shares at 6.15. Very nice, cheers - but wondering whether I could have some more to completely fill my order?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Some nice person sold me a handful of TPW shares at 6.15. Very nice, cheers - but wondering whether I could have some more to completely fill my order?
    Congratulations, good buying. Did you pick up any on the 23/3/20? Very tightly held company. I picked up a few at 6.55 a week ago, but what an effort. Wouldn't mind getting a few more if anyone out there wants to sell me some around 6.80 to 6.90.